'Not fans' fault Martin is gone' (great read)

Volstylexx

Not fans’ fault Martin is gone | BenGarrett.net. Pretty good read

An excerpt:

'Bottom line? Coaches don’t go from the upper tier of the SEC to a Pac 12 wasteland — especially when they have zero ties to the West Coast — to prove a point to fans.'

and later.

'But the bottom line is that Martin just took Tennessee to a Sweet 16 appearance. Wake me up when he does the same in Berkeley. Tennessee-to-Cal is a downward move. Coaches don’t do that to prove a point. There’s a term for that. It’s called “cutting off your nose to spite your face.” '

http://www.bengarrett.net/2014/04/no...artin-is-gone/

Reactions: 15 people

An excerpt:

'Bottom line? Coaches don’t go from the upper tier of the SEC to a Pac 12 wasteland — especially when they have zero ties to the West Coast — to prove a point to fans.'

and later.

'But the bottom line is that Martin just took Tennessee to a Sweet 16 appearance. Wake me up when he does the same in Berkeley. Tennessee-to-Cal is a downward move. Coaches don’t do that to prove a point. There’s a term for that. It’s called “cutting off your nose to spite your face.” '

I think this guy may be on to something.

Reactions: 1 person
"O’Neil, like most sports columnists paid for their hack jobs, is trying to see how much nonsense she can pack into a single column."

thank you!

An excerpt:

and later.

It's spot on. Once the chicken littles get a full night's rest maybe clearer heads will prevail.

Though the finger pointing has been quite entertaining.

An excerpt:

and later.

Good read. He basically chewed Dana O'Neil's incompetent ass up and spit her out.

Here's another good article. I'm no fan of Climer, but I agree with him here.

David Climer: Cuonzo Martin-UT split was inevitable

The problem is, whether you think it's a decent article or not, is it is on something called bengarrett.net, while Forde's hatchet job is on Yahoo and flying all over FB and everywhere else. I hope to hell the administration starts a massive PR campaign soon, because I was ok with losing Martin, but the University is taking a beating nationally.

An excerpt:

and later.

well said by the author.....

The problem is, whether you think it's a decent article or not, is it is on something called bengarrett.net, while Forde's hatchet job is on Yahoo and flying all over FB and everywhere else. I hope to hell the administration starts a massive PR campaign soon, because I was ok with losing Martin, but the University is taking a beating nationally.

Yep. Its this way every time someone cracks a fart in knoxville, and espin usually leads the charge.

Sad that so many Vol fans can't see it tho.

Cutting off ones nose to spite ones face?

That's an idiotic comparison. Martin absolutely made out better today than he would have sticking around here for another year or two

An excerpt:

and later.

I agree.

Tennessee Volunteers - In Photos: College Basketball's Most Valuable Teams 2014 - Forbes

Yep. Its this way every time someone cracks a fart in knoxville, and espin usually leads the charge.

Sad that so many Vol fans can't see it tho.

Lol

Yes we are the victims. The reason UT is taking a beating from the media is because they hate us

Lol

Yes we are the victims. The reason UT is taking a beating from the media is because they hate us

no, the reason they "hate us" is because we have a huge fanbase and we "hate us", therefore the column gets cited, viewed, and talked about. there is no bad press in this dirty sports writing business.

Cutting off ones nose to spite ones face?

That's an idiotic comparison. Martin absolutely made out better today than he would have sticking around here for another year or two

Expand on that please. Because he wasn't going to be successful over the next couple years or what?

I was happy to hear the news. Now we move along. This is one former coach I won't miss.

VN Store

Back