martin got what he deserved: criticism

ScreaminVolHawkins

2011–2012 Tennessee 19–15 10–6 T–2nd

NIT Second Round

2012–2013 Tennessee 20–13 11–7 T–5th

NIT First Round

Cant take the heat, stay out the kitchen. f*** espn, f*** BTO, and f*** anyone else who wants to make the fans out to be the bad guys for demanding their head coach perform better. never disliked ccm and i never liked espn. but im looking forward, not back. gbo

Reactions: 32 people

NIT Second Round

NIT First Round

Cant take the heat, stay out the kitchen. f*** espn, f*** BTO, and f*** anyone else who wants to make the fans out to be the bad guys for demanding their head coach perform better. never disliked ccm and i never liked espn. but im looking forward, not back. gbo

Yeah, **** all those guys who don't have their heads so far up the ass of the self entitlement group. Give me a break.

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah, **** all those guys who don't have their heads so far up the ass of the self entitlement group. Give me a break.

self-entitlement: belief that one is deserving of or entitled to certain privileges

privileges like a d1 coach getting millions should be held responsible by those who pay him for his product? id love to give a break you dumba**

Reactions: 6 people
It is hard to feel sorry for a man making over a million dollars a year to coach basketball. He lost a lot of games they had no business losing. Hats off to him and the team for the run in the 'aa, but there were times in the season where people just simply weren't showing up for games. Lets not kid ourselves. I think he also sees the writing on the wall that the next couple of years are likely going to be awful and he very well could be fired in a year or two. That's the part of the story not being talked about. Pearl has risen the bar at UT were we expect 'aa tourny every year. There will be little pressure at Cal over the next 3-4 years. He's playing his cards right and riding it out to make as much money as he can. Smart move on Martin's behalf.

Reactions: 1 person
self-entitlement: belief that one is deserving of or entitled to certain privileges

privileges like a d1 coach getting millions should be held responsible by those who pay him for his product? id love to give a break you dumba**

Self entitled meaning all the moronic posts on here saying they deserve a better coach, when they haven't done a damn thing to earn it.

NIT Second Round

NIT First Round

CCM maxed out his potential at UT this year and used it to leverage a better job. He's loyal to his family and his future, not to you. It's that simple, so get over it.

Self entitled meaning all the moronic posts on here saying they deserve a better coach, when they haven't done a damn thing to earn it.

so what in your mind, little kid, must a fan do to "earn" a better coach? just curious how your, for lack of a better word, "mind" works

CCM maxed out his potential at UT this year and used it to leverage a better job. He's loyal to his family and his future, not to you. It's that simple, so get over it.

dude re-read (or read at least once maybe) my post. im happy for ccm, i said that from the get-go. what im tired of hearing is that the fans were at fault for criticizing him

I think he did max out. And I'm glad He Gone!

The guy only had the 3rd best winning % in the SEC the 3 years he was here and went to one Sweet 16. Let's see if our next coach is that successful.

Reactions: 2 people
i don't see why there is all this angst.

y'all didn't want him at tennessee. zo would rather be somewhere he was wanted. it's a win-win.

the only people who should be upset are the people who were happy with zo.

The guy only had the 3rd best winning % in the SEC the 3 years he was here and went to one Sweet 16. Let's see if our next coach is that successful.

He will be.

We should be third in the SEC - this is a really crappy BBall league.

Let's look at what he didn't do:

Recruit
Energize Fanbase
Set team up for future success

again not a crit of ccm. im saying that the claims espn "journalists" and some fans on here making like he didnt warrant criticism after the first 2.5 years is ridiculous

so what in your mind, little kid, must a fan do to "earn" a better coach? just curious how your, for lack of a better word, "mind" works

Says the guy who doesn't understand simple punctuation when saying I don't have a mind.

But here, he won more games than he lost, did nothing during his tenure here, worked hard to better the players in all aspects of life.

The simplest thing is to show maturity. Something you obviously don't have. That regards everything. If you don't like the product, don't act like the spoiled brat you may be. Simply don't go. If I don't like an actor, I don't go to all his movies just to ***** about it and say "**** imdb, **** Roger Ebert", I simply don't go.

He will be.

We should be third in the SEC - this is a really crappy BBall league.

Let's look at what he didn't do:

Recruit
Energize Fanbase
Set team up for future success

Only time will tell Stevo. I have a feeling you're going to be very disappointed.

i don't see why there is all this angst.

y'all didn't want him at tennessee. zo would rather be somewhere he was wanted. it's a win-win.

the only people who should be upset are the people who were happy with zo.

wtf? read the post gator. the angst isnt w/ ccm.

my question:

so what must a fan do to "earn" a better coach?

your "answer":

But here, he won more games than he lost, did nothing during his tenure here, worked hard to better the players in all aspects of life.

The simplest thing is to show maturity. Something you obviously don't have. That regards everything. If you don't like the product, don't act like the spoiled brat you may be. Simply don't go. If I don't like an actor, I don't go to all his movies just to ***** about it and say "**** imdb, **** Roger Ebert", I simply don't go.

so, again
what must a fan do to "earn" a better coach?

answer the question or stfu

NIT Second Round

NIT First Round

And the idiots got what they deserve: another 3 day job search for a half assed coach that will take the job right before signing day..karma once again strikes the mighty Vol "fans". Enjoy the 2010 version of basketball.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back