Both happy and sad

GiveHimSixGoVols

Martin had finally earned our admiration and respect as fans and was very ready to be as loyal to him as I was to Pearl but was still worried about the future with the his recruiting.

Hopefully it ends up a win-win for both parties

Reactions: 3 people
Martin had finally earned our admiration and respect as fans and was very ready to be as loyal to him as I was to Pearl but was still worried about the future with the his recruiting.

Hopefully it ends up a win-win for both parties

I don't know about Cal but the fact he is gone and we get paid 1.5 mil.....I would say it is a win-win from my perspective.

Reactions: 1 person
The buy out will probably get used to buy another school's coach out of his contract unless they take Howland.

It is a win-win. UT may have dodged a bullet in the near future if he did not recruit well and the losing started.

I wish him nothing but the best, but there was still a large portion of the fanbase that had not been won over. Next year would have been the year to gauge if fans really got behind him.

He seemed like a quality man.

His recruiting was atrocious and his coaching wasn't groundbreaking. Excited for a new direction myself

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know about Cal but the fact he is gone and we get paid 1.5 mil.....I would say it is a win-win from my perspective.

Add another .5 mill to that and get a Dam Good Coach!!! :rock::rock::rock::rock:

We will see if Hart earns his pay over the next month or so??? :crossfingers::crossfingers:

I think Martin saw the writing on the wall. He knew if he didn't win next year he was going to be gone and with Stokes gone and his coaching ability he probably figured he wouldn't win, so he left on his own before he was asked to. I'm also thinking that if Stokes had of stayed Martin would've stayed, but he's gone now and that's okay with me

It's bittersweet. I do think UT can do better, but it's all on Hart to make it happen. I pray he can get the job done

VN Store

Back