Final thoughts on Cuonzo and "Sit-on-hands" Hart

Eddie Vol Halen

Senior Life Champion
At best, Cuonzo took a lateral move because a healthy part of the fanbase (shock!) wanted the best basketball coach we've ever had back when he was still available. And because his wildly talented team underperformed for the vast majority of the basketball season.

CCM was very likable. Just put a whole season together with all the tools at your disposal. Don't just leave everyone high and dry a la Kiffin when you bolt.

Cal has had more basketball success than UT in the tourney; but we are still at Top Ten basketball attendance. I'm sure the Berkeley "crazies" will have an almost telepathic resonance with the intensity, spirit, and fire CCM demonstrates every game day on the sidelines.

It is now time to turn the Eye of Sauron straight onto Bama Dave. He backed into Butch Jones in one of the most inept coaching searches of all time. He sat on his hands while the Auburn AD secured yet another home run hire. He has been caught out again.

We are not Kentucky. We can pay both the football coach and the basketball coach.

Dave Hart has to think big, act big, and go big. He has to deliver a Tier One basketball coach. If he plays along with the status quo, if he doesn't rock the boat and goes mid-major "with upside"; if he fails, once again, to grasp the new realities of the AD and to enunciate a new vision for Tennessee athletics, then send him back to Tuscaloosa and rank him just above Mike "Hambone" Hamilton in the tomes of Epic Fail.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
At best, Cuonzo took a lateral move because a healthy part of the fanbase (shock!) wanted the best basketball coach we've ever had back when he was still available. And because his wildly talented team underperformed for the vast majority of the basketball season.

CCM is very likable. Just put a whole season together with all the tools at your disposal.

Cal has had more basketball success than UT in the tourney; but we are still at Top Ten basketball attendance. I'm sure the Berkeley "crazies" will have an almost telepathic resonance with the intensity, spirit, and fire CCM demonstrates every game day on the sidelines.

It is now time to turn the Eye of Sauron straight onto Bama Dave. He backed into Butch Jones in one of the most inept coaching searches of all time. He sat on his hands while the Auburn AD secured yet another home run hire.

Dave Hart has to think big, act big, and go big. He has to deliver a Tier One basketball coach. If he plays along with the status quo, if he doesn't rock the boat and goes mid-major "with upside"; if he fails, once again, to grasp the new realities of the AD and to enunciate a new vision for Tennessee athletics, then send him back to Tuscaloosa and rank him just above Mike "Hambone" Hamilton in the tomes of Epic Fail.

Good call. seems likely:ermm:

If Hart feels good about hiring an up and coming coach, I'll roll with it. That up and coming coach could hire a very good staff, recruit well, and win 20+ games next year. I'll support just about any coach until he proves he can't get it done. Every big time coach was an up and comer at some point.

Reactions: 2 people
He sat on his hands while the Auburn AD secured yet another home run hire. He has been caught out again.

Oh yeah, he should have hired Bruce Pearl before our season was over. Because that makes sense.

By the way, "yet another" home run hire...what were the other home run hires? Was it the guy who had one year of head coaching experience at Arkansas State? Was it the guy who went 5-19 at Iowa State?

Hart could not fire a guy who took us to the sweet 16 so he could replace him with a guy who put us on probation. He's smarter than that.

When were we on probation?

Auburn fired a NC coach and were less than a minute away from winning another in football.

Auburn just hired the best basketball coach in their history.

That's smart.

No one gives a toss about the BBQ anymore. Shameful we didn't fight tooth-and-nail against the toothless NCAA for CBP.

Maybe not probabtion but didn't we have some schollies taken or something? Sorry I don't follow bball that close but close enoguh to think firing Martin to hire Pearl would not be smart. And when would he have done it? While we were making a run to the sweet 16?

Auburn fired a NC coach and were less than a minute away from winning another in football.

That's smart.

No one gives a toss about the BBQ anymore. Shameful we didn't fight tooth-and-nail against the toothless NCAA for CBP.

he lied to the ncaa. that was the problem, not a barbecue. only a blind dip**** cant see that. he was never coming back here and the fanbase gave him the publicity to get a nice payday

Reactions: 3 people

That's smart.

Auburn rehired Sonny Smith???

A month ago, a very vocal segment of the fan base wanted him gone. Now he is. I would think we could get a replacement no worse than him and hopefully a lot better. maybe another hidden 'pearl' out there as an up and comer to make K-ville his home for decades.

I don't see how Dave Hart is at fault here. He couldn't fire Cuonzo during the season while we were on the bubble, then no coach would ever come here. AND remember pearl never worked for Hart. He might have turned down the job if he saw that as a work environment.

And as for Pearl I wonder if he is having second thoughts? Did he take the auburn job too soon?

I didn't sign the petition but I don't feel bad for cuonzo. Until his last 10 games he never gave us a reason to believe he was good. And even still I'm convinced there is a better coach out there.

I am calling out anyone who thought we would rehire Bruce, all 30,000 of you, as stupid.
It was NEVER going to happen. I just hope Vol fans will support our new coach and wish him much success.

I am calling out anyone who thought we would rehire Bruce, all 30,000 of you, as stupid.
It was NEVER going to happen. I just hope Vol fans will support our new coach and wish him much success.

People don't want Pearl as much as they want Pearl's level of success.

Reactions: 2 people
Jimmy 'booger boy' Cheeks is currently sitting at his computer trying to decide whether to hire Billy D or Coach Cal.

:p stupid well aren't you sweet :whistling:

VN Store

Back