TN fans blindsided but not Hart.

Dougie_D

I feel like TN was acting like KY fans when Billy G was at the the throne. But I think it will turn out for the better.

TN will get a GRAND SLAM hire. No way, Hart is going to look like a dummy.

Howland, Marshall, and probably an NBA name will be thrown out.

I feel like TN was acting like KY fans when Billy G was at the the throne. But I think it will turn out for the better.

Phil Jackson

Reactions: 3 people
Hart said he didn't even know Martin was still looking for another job. He absolutely was blindsided. We are in scramble mode. Doesn't mean he won't recover, though.

Reactions: 3 people
I really think Hart has been ahead of this for some time. I think he's had things in the works for a while now. It may not be the big name hire because I think Cheeks will have his hands in it and tie Hart's hands to some extent. I think it will be a solid hire though.

Reactions: 1 person
Hart said he didn't even know Martin was still looking for another job. He absolutely was blindsided. We are in scramble mode. Doesn't mean he won't recover, though.

You are right. Hart was definatley blindsided. I thought he did a good job in the press conference considering he was caught off guard. Got to make the right hire this time.

Yep Hart said that he didn't know about it till this morning in his presser.

The likelihood of Tennessee making a legitimate grand slam hire (which, if we're using the term correctly here, would be Brad Stevens with Gregg Marshall on the fringe) is about the same as the likelihood of me deciding to cut off a finger tonight. I'm not saying it can't happen after enough alcohol, but...

Reactions: 4 people
Jon Gruden....done deal. Will be the next coach.

I was really surprised by this. I was on VN on break. On my next break I see he left.

I'm sure we can get someone decent if we want to throw some money around.

Jon Gruden....done deal. Will be the next coach.

I was really surprised by this. I was on VN on break. On my next break I see he left.

I'm sure we can get someone decent if we want to throw some money around.

I heard he was seen eating dinner with Coach Majors at some super private place back in the sticks. His wife was a cheerleader at UT, you know? And I hear they own property in the area....

You are right. Hart was definatley blindsided. I thought he did a good job in the press conference considering he was caught off guard. Got to make the right hire this time.

I'm guessing Hart has never played poker before either?

That's exactly what you say to the fan base because if the new hire doesn't pan out or is not a sexy hire fans will most likely want to blame CCM and not Hart.

If Hart hires Gregg Marshall or someone like that, the fan base will ABSOLUTELY think DHart is a genius.

Hart needs to sell our attendance, our overall athletic program, the SEC--and most important, in my view, the idea that we are well positioned to get in the tournament most every year. Granted the SEC is fairly weak and doesn't get many NCAA tourney spots, but we are a solid no. 3 program in the conference, and with some solid recruiting and coaching we can be a factor.

I'm guessing Hart has never played poker before either?

That's exactly what you say to the fan base because if the new hire doesn't pan out or is not a sexy hire fans will most likely want to blame CCM and not Hart.

If Hart hires Gregg Marshall or someone like that, the fan base will ABSOLUTELY think DHart is a genius.

I agree....but not too sure you are right. Hart did seem blindsided by it. But whatever...it really doesn't matter. Just make a good hire and all is well.

I would like to see Shaka smart here. He seems like a high intensity guy. And either way, support whoever is hired. We didn't even think butch jones would be anything and everyone lost hope and look what he has done. Have faith people. Hart will get the right fit for tennessee. Dude is the AD for a reason and has a pretty good track record in my opinion.

I would like to see Shaka smart here. He seems like a high intensity guy. And either way, support whoever is hired. We didn't even think butch jones would be anything and everyone lost hope and look what he has done. Have faith people. Hart will get the right fit for tennessee. Dude is the AD for a reason and has a pretty good track record in my opinion.

That hire would excite me.

If we do hire someone no name and this is jmo I wouldn't mind will wade at UTC. He is a Shaka former assistant and he has a high motor

Reactions: 2 people
Really? A GRAND SLAM! What universe are u living in? Who in their right mind wants to come to UT and work for a bunch of spoiled ignorant fans who cry FOUL when their team loses a ballgame? Oh no you all were worse than KY fans. You pushed out a great coach and now you think you will get better or even deserve better? Really? Does UT even have the money to pay for your "GRAND SLAM" coach? Ha What fans were blindsided? I sure wasn't and I supported Martin from day one. Here we go dreaming again about all these famous coaches or NBA players just dying to come and coach at UT! DREAM ON!

Posted via VolNation Mobile

Might be hard to get Shaka Smart here. Regardless of wether or not it is reality, I promise some of the nation suspects racism when they see a guy take a team to the sweet sixteen and still appear to be not wanted.

VN Store

Back