Tennessee will upgrade the basketball coach

BigZiti09

Sheep
Can't wait to see this hire. All this belly aching by the fans with battered wife syndrome can stop. This is a better job than We$ and the other defeatist would have us believe. Dave Hart refused to overpay for a coach he didn't believe in. Hammy would have paid Cuonzo $2+ million and extended him with a huge buyout. Then we'd be in a mess a few years if it didn't work out. Hart played this perfectly. Not only do we have the chance to upgrade but Cal is going to give us an extra $1.3 million to spend on our next hire.

We WILL make an upgrade. We don't have the NCAA and unknown sanctions looming. We have more than 6 scholarship players returning. We are more stable financially. We have Nike coming on board. We don't have an AD on his way out the door.

It's a great time to be a Vol fan.

Reactions: 36 people
With that kind of money we can hire Michael Jordan. WHEEEEEW

Hart probably orchestrated the whole thing. CCM is a good man, but will not keep us on top. He is just not a motivator and refuses to replace his staff and get a competent offense minded coach. Next year could be tough. We will probably lose most of the recruiting class without time to get new prospects. We may lose some current players, who knows. But that will leave slots for some better players if Hart gets the right coach. Things are looking up.

Reactions: 2 people
Hart probably orchestrated the whole thing. CCM is a good man, but will not keep us on top. He is just not a motivator and refuses to replace his staff and get a competent offense minded coach. Next year could be tough. We will probably lose most of the recruiting class without time to get new prospects. We may lose some current players, who knows. But that will leave slots for some better players if Hart gets the right coach. Things are looking up.

No..

Can't wait to see this hire. All this belly aching by the fans with battered wife syndrome can stop. This is a better job than We$ and the other defeatist would have us believe. Dave Hart refused to overpay for a coach he didn't believe in. Hammy would have paid Cuonzo $2+ million and extended him with a huge buyout. Then we'd be in a mess a few years if it didn't work out. Hart played this perfectly. Not only do we have the chance to upgrade but Cal is going to give us an extra $1.3 million to spend on our next hire.

We WILL make an upgrade. We don't have the NCAA and unknown sanctions looming. We have more than 6 scholarship players returning. We are more stable financially. We have Nike coming on board. We don't have an AD on his way out the door.

It's a great time to be a Vol fan.

Be prepared to eat crow. Optimism is nice, but it's not going to land us a proven winner.

It won't. And it's because of the reasons I listed.

Money
Hammy
NCAA
Nike
Roster
Stability

I posted this in another thread. If you think we can hire an upgrade for that amount of money or less, then I'm with you. Unfortunately, that crosses many names off the list.

I will be shocked if we offer anything over what Martin was due to make.

I posted this in another thread. If you think we can hire an upgrade for that amount of money or less, then I'm with you. Unfortunately, that crosses many names off the list.

I bet it will wind up being Donnie Tyndall or Ron Turner,They are good B list hires. However there will be quite a few dissatisfied fans out there

It won't. And it's because of the reasons I listed.

Money
Hammy
NCAA
Nike
Roster
Stability

You see our roster as a strength? You think other coaches look at our program and see stability? I disagree.

VN Store

Back