POLL: How do you feel about Martin's departure

How do you feel about Martin's departure

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UT's#1Fan

Senior Executive Member
  • Angry… Thought Zo was going to do some special things at UT.
  • Disappointed… I hoped we’d keep him and he’d stay for a while. It’s a business, though. Cuonzo did what’s best for him and his family.
  • Meh… I could do with or without him. Bring on the new guy.
  • Relieved… I was never a big fan of his style of coaching, not a very exciting brand of basketball. I’m sure Dave Hart will make a good hire.
  • Elated… Save for a late run against an 11 seed, an overrated 6 seed and a Cinderella 14 seed, he really never did anything while he was at UT. Now look, our roster is in shambles and he heading to the left coast. Good riddance m’fer.

edit: I had to edit the options because they were too long.

Last edited:
ELATED !!!

He wasn't worth a crap anyway. Just look at our record in close games this year. Aside from Stokes and Hubbs, Martin couldn't recruit worth a crap either.

We should have fired his butt earlier while we could've still gone and rehired a proven big time winner like Pearl. That was an idiotic move on our admin's part.

Disappointed… I hoped we’d keep him and he’d stay for a while. It’s a business, though. Cuonzo did what’s best for him and his family. To Meh.

He was a good coach but not a top ten coach and an ok recruiter. If we make a good hire with someone who can recruit top 10-15 classes I'll be happy he left.

Reactions: 1 person
meh. aside from that short lived run in the tourney, what has he done for us lately?

we all thought this team was better than they played all year long. and PART of that blame lies at the feet of the coaching staff.

For years, we complained about Chavis and he finally left. We kept saying that no other coach wanted him to coach their defense, but he went to LSU and did well for a couple of years.

Now, we have been wanted to get rid of Martin. Now, he is gone!

I'll pick elated.
If he's happy - I am happy!
I wanted him to do well and us to do well.
So if this is better for him. It's better for us.
Time to move on and start over!
We might pick better - we might pick worse - but we weren't too happy where we were so move on!

I'm disappointed because of the timing. But, I said after he interviewed for the Marquette job that there was no point in keeping him. He clearly wanted to be elsewhere or he wouldn't have gone so far with that job. If a guy is flying up for interviews about other jobs after one NCAA tournament appearance, he's probably not going to stick around if he has any sustained success. But the timing of this, leaving right before signing day, is a low class move I didn't expect.

It wasn't a lucky Sweet 16 run. The talent was there all along, which was what made the season so disappointing

I'm disappointed because of the timing. But, I said after he interviewed for the Marquette job that there was no point in keeping him. He clearly wanted to be elsewhere or he wouldn't have gone so far with that job. If a guy is flying up for interviews about other jobs after one NCAA tournament appearance, he's probably not going to stick around if he has any sustained success. But the timing of this, leaving right before signing day, is a low class move I didn't expect.

Agreed. Hart certainly has egg on his face.

VN Store

Back