Vols ranked in Top 25

We struggled to make the tournament this year.

I doubt we finish in the top 25 next year if Stokes leaves.

Reactions: 4 people
We struggled to make the tournament this year.

I doubt we finish in the top 25 next year if Stokes leaves.

Heaven forbid we enjoy this while it lasts! Go Vols and Go Cuonzo! (but not in like a leaving the program sense)

Reactions: 2 people
"We."

Good one.

Why do fans say "we" when referring to their favorite team?

Do they go through practice, team events or meetings? Does a coach contact them for advice or their input on the depth chart?

I appreciate a fans loyalty and love for the team(s) they cheer for, but as a fan....there is no we. We as fans cheer for people who have no idea who "we" are nor will most ever find out. So let's cheer for our teams and quit acting like "we" are part of them.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, we heard you being unreasonably pessimistic all the way to the Sweet 16. We get it.

So is he wrong? If so, what do you disagree with?

We barely made the tourney, and prob won't next year if Stokes doesnt come back. What's wrong with saying that?

Do they go through practice, team events or meetings? Does a coach contact them for advice or their input on the depth chart?

I appreciate a fans loyalty and love for the team(s) they cheer for, but as a fan....there is no we. We as fans cheer for people who have no idea who "we" are nor will most ever find out. So let's cheer for our teams and quit acting like "we" are part of them.

So we own the teams? The teams are ours? Just sayin.

I say "we" because "we" all went to the same University and represent it. If you didnt attend the school, I dont know why people say it.

I think this is an interesting discussion. What level of connection do you need to say "we". I know a former first team all-big10 safety from OSU who is obviously a big buckeye fan. He says "we" when referring to the basketball team. Can a former athlete say it even though it's a different sport? What about students? Alumni?

I say "we" because "we" all went to the same University and represent it. If you didnt attend the school, I dont know why people say it.

Then why do fans of pro sports teams say it? It's not like they have ownership in the team.

People get upset over the dumbest things.

Reactions: 7 people
I say "we" because I feel a connection to the university because its my state, my school, and my Alma Mater. I will always say "we" because in my opinion the students who attend there all represent the same place. Whether its a football player playing under the lights in Neyland down to me sitting in an office in Houston, our actions and words will always reflect on UT. That's why I say "we" and will continue to do so.

Reactions: 3 people

Celebration dance engage!

oh-yeah-thats-cool-dude.gif

Reactions: 2 people

So who in the blue hell do you think fills up Thompson Boiling & Neyland Stadium? Who do you think the players turn to and wave their arms up and down at to scream louder?

IDIOT...

gif-escalatorboy-idiot-362742.gif

Reactions: 8 people

Somebody gets it!

:popcorn:

VN Store

Back