Here's a great Tennessee basketball moment

How did they win. During the entire video the Vols did not make one shot. Go figure??

Lofton loftin' a three over Durant from DOWNTOWN always does it for me.

Show this to Stokes, Rhett, and any recruit and let them know they can do the same to KY next year.

Lofton loftin' a three over Durant from DOWNTOWN always does it for me.

Took my son to his first UT game that day before Christmas. Scalper got us @ 3 rows behind student section. Needless to say he's hooked!

Chris shot it from the T in Tennessee. Unreal.

Reactions: 1 person
Remember the game and the time very well. I happened to be in Lexington, Kentucky when that game was played. Probably not too smart, I was decked out in orange watching the game with a crowd of UK fans. I remember being elated at beating them for the third time in the same year. I remember singing (if you want to call it that) all the verses of Rocky Top. I'm surprised I was allowed to get away with it and walk out unharmed.

Reactions: 1 person
I remember the game but I don't remember the press conference appearing to be something from the back woods of the Soviet Union what with all the hollering and all...Don Devoe...really good coach but not much hype with him...I remember going to a game at Mississippi State one year when Dale Ellis and Michael Brooks were filling it up and DeVoe screamed at Michael Brooks all night....and I don't think Brooks once looked over at him....

How did they win. During the entire video the Vols did not make one shot. Go figure??

That's the worst local TV sports recap package I have ever seen. I guess that's how they did it in the '70s.

Wasn't alive, so don't care.
I was there for every game in the tournament, no matter which 2 teams were playing. It was a very exciting final game with a great crowd.

I also peed next to Jerry Clower during a halftime. He was decked out in his Miss. State colors of a solid maroon suit, white shirt and a string tie. He was entertaining all of us in the rest room.

I was there for every game in the tournament, no matter which 2 teams were playing. It was a very exciting final game with a great crowd.

I also peed next to Jerry Clower during a halftime. He was decked out in his Miss. State colors of a solid maroon suit, white shirt and a string tie. He was entertaining all of us in the rest room.

dont know if i would admit that lol

That was a strange set up. It was the first time in many years that the SEC tournament had been played. 10 team league and the #1 and #2 seeds were given byes to the semi finals. The other 8 teams played a tournament to get down to 2 teams and they played UK and UT in the semis.

Sounds like a plan set up to appease Kentucky and heavily reward the top two finishers in the regular season. Vols beat UK three times that year.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back