Chievous granted release to transfer

CAVol

Anywhere outside the SEC. Was on track to graduate in 3 years. Best of luck to the young man. Now bring on Rhett!!

Reactions: 9 people
Best of luck to him. Hope he finds what he's looking for.

Now...MJ Rhett...come on down!

Btw, here's the tweet I saw if anyone is looking for a source.

Chris Dortch ‏@cdortch
Tennessee grants Quinton Chievous release to transfer. Good move for both parties.

It says he's staying in school through summer to graduate. Does that remove his "no SEC" restriction? I can't imagine him actually landing in the SEC, just more curious about the graduate transfer rule.

Now move somebody else and get VT transfer Trevor Thompson. 6'11 and will have 3 years to play after he sits out this coming season. Tennessee has already been in contact with him.

Reactions: 6 people
"Decision being made for him" means the following:

CCM: Quenton, we love you. You've worked hard. You've done well in school. You are everything we want in this program. However, as you know, PT is gonna be hard to come by for you. In fact, you are not in our plans in terms of getting court time. If you'd like a chance to play for your senior year, you might want to go ahead and graduate and then transfer to a smaller school where you'll get some PT. I'll help you in anyway I can, and you know you are always part of a sweet 16 team and part of the UT family.

QC: Thanks, Coach. I wanna play. Can you make a few calls?

CCM: You got, Cheiv.

The Two hug it ou.

Exit.

Finis!

At least that's what our coach said in high school to guys who weren't gonna play (without the transferring part. He just said to those guys: "Hey, you ain't gonna play.").

Reactions: 7 people
How many of Zo's recruits have transferred? Seems like there's 1 or 2 every year. Feels like a lot more than normal, but I'm not sure because I don't follow other teams very closely.

"Decision being made for him" means the following:

CCM: Quenton, we love you. You've worked hard. You've done well in school. You are everything we want in this program. However, as you know, PT is gonna be hard to come by for you. In fact, you are not in our plans in terms of getting court time. If you'd like a chance to play for your senior year, you might want to go ahead and graduate and then transfer to a smaller school where you'll get some PT. I'll help you in anyway I can, and you know you are always part of a sweet 16 team and part of the UT family.

QC: Thanks, Coach. I wanna play. Can you make a few calls?

CCM: You got, Cheiv.

The Two hug it ou.

Exit.

Finis!

At least that's what our coach said in high school to guys who weren't gonna play (without the transferring part. He just said to those guys: "Hey, you ain't gonna play.").

In reality it should've went more like this:

CCM: Listen Chievous...I don't know what the he!! I was thinking when I signed you. I'm gonna chalk it up to my 'on the job learning' that's taking place here. Now listen...continue to be tough and aggressive and shoot the ball with pride and mumble, mumble, mumble.

Chievous: Ok coach...thanks, I guess.

Reactions: 5 people
Yea, but I F'd it up

FTFY

giphy.gif

VN Store

Back