Ronnie Johnson from Purdue???

Dougie_D

Any chance he would come here? It looked like he was once interested in Tennessee!

Zo might have some connections with him. But our first get has to be Rhett.

I am a little slow, who is Rhett.:unsure:

MJ Rhett he's a graduate transfer from Tennessee State 6'9 forward who averaged 11 points 9 rebounds this year and had 16 points 11 rebounds vs Witchita State when they played this year. We are in his top 5.

Now this I can comment on. I've watched Ronnie play every game for 2 years.

The answer is no, heck no, never, don't want, don't want, don't want.

Kid is a high volume, low percentage shooter who has been one of the major reasons why Purdue has sucked the last 2 years. He is terrible in the half court, and only wants to play in transition. He shoots like a middle school girl (seriously, it's a weird set shot with a little bit of a push to it) and plays marginal defense.

He is only going to look at up tempo schools where defense is optional, and he's probably a package deal with his cousin Holowell who is transferring from Indiana. The rumblings are that Memphis is the leader right now, with Auburn poking around. He is not a good player and even though he was Purdue's second leading scorer, the vast majority of Purdue fans are glad to see him go, even if it means we have to play a combo guard or a tiny freshman pg next season.

So in short....NO, NO, NO

Reactions: 7 people
Don't really see why we would?

A PG that has to sit out a year, so he becomes eligible as a RS jr when Thompson is a JR and Austin is a SO.

Don't see any interest.

Don't really see why we would?

A PG that has to sit out a year, so he becomes eligible as a RS jr when Thompson is a JR and Austin is a SO.

Don't see any interest.

There is also some, ahem, family drama involving Ronnie and someone who popped back into his life 2 years ago. You know, someone who might be hoping for a meal ticket, and needs Ronnie to put up big numbers, regardless of what it means for the team.

Though he'll be a one and done, I'd much prefer MJ Rhett transfer in. Never can have enough 6' 9" guys that can score, rebound, and block shots. With the loss of Maymon, having another experienced big is what we could really use next year.

However, I'm still waiting on a 7 footer with a 42" verticle, soft hands, and an outside shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Are you talking as an assistant? We have a head coach

Dang Cuonzo, why are you so sensitive? OP is talking about a player-not a coach. I know you feel like a victim of fan passion and have a poor ole me outlook, but is it too much to ask that we stop under performing and win enough to make the tourney?

You and our team did a masterful job of salvaging the season and we are proud of all of you. But stop with the me against the world attitude. We will be passionately for you if keep us in the Dance.

On the other hand, maybe it is was the "me against the world" attitude that sparked the turnaround. If so, just keep it up.

Reactions: 2 people
Dang Cuonzo, why are you so sensitive? OP is talking about a player-not a coach. I know you feel like a victim of fan passion and have a poor ole me outlook, but is it too much to ask that we stop under performing and win enough to make the tourney?

You and our team did a masterful job of salvaging the season and we are proud of all of you. But stop with the me against the world attitude. We will be passionately for you if keep us in the Dance.

On the other hand, maybe it is was the "me against the world" attitude that sparked the turnaround. If so, just keep it up.

Weak

Reactions: 2 people

You got it

Thank you. I am so sorry that I hadn't heard of that player. Since it was so soon after the, is Cuonzo staying or leaving circus, I just thought some were still honestly looking for a new head coach. I think they are the ones who are defensive and sensitive.

Now this I can comment on. I've watched Ronnie play every game for 2 years.

The answer is no, heck no, never, don't want, don't want, don't want.

Kid is a high volume, low percentage shooter who has been one of the major reasons why Purdue has sucked the last 2 years. He is terrible in the half court, and only wants to play in transition. He shoots like a middle school girl (seriously, it's a weird set shot with a little bit of a push to it) and plays marginal defense.

He is only going to look at up tempo schools where defense is optional, and he's probably a package deal with his cousin Holowell who is transferring from Indiana. The rumblings are that Memphis is the leader right now, with Auburn poking around. He is not a good player and even though he was Purdue's second leading scorer, the vast majority of Purdue fans are glad to see him go, even if it means we have to play a combo guard or a tiny freshman pg next season.

So in short....NO, NO, NO

I can confirm all of the above.

VN Store

Back