High Expectations next year! Let's GO!!!!

Dougie_D

What does everyone think our expectations are for next year?

I think we should be at least 3rd round contenders.

Top 20 team.

Top 20 team.

IMO it depends on one thing, and only one thing, what does Mr. Stokes decide to do.

Reactions: 8 people

Top 20 team.

Too early to set expectations, but the potential for a good season is definitely there. Stokes returns, you add Rhett, Hubbs shows out and I think you're looking at a tournament team for sure.

I will say, I'm most excited about seeing Cofer play. He's going to be so damn fun to watch.

Reactions: 1 person
If Stokes comes back maybe make tourney. If not, we will have a rough year.

Reactions: 3 people
We should make the tourney with or without Stokes imo.

With him, and we can be a Sweet 16 team again.

Yes, my expectations are high, but I honestly don't think they're unreasonable. Richardson has shown he can score so he'll fill McRae's role, but he's also a far better defender. Hubbs should come back strong and can hopefully fill Josh's old role as the 2nd wing option. Darius Thompson made great strides and showed the kind of poise we need out of a PG. Moore is also due for a big jump.

If we were to keep Stokes and add Rhett...I think we could be really dangerous. They key for Cuonzo this offseason is to get more out of his team throughout the season, especially at the beginning. His teams have improved every season...they just wait too late. It's the early season losses that have killed us the past 3 years.

Reactions: 2 people
This is riding on Jarnell and the continued development of Hubbs and Thompson. If JRich keeps performing the way he did in the tourney, we get Stokes back, and Hubbs and Thompson show out, well be dancing.

21-23 wins and 12-13 wins in the SEC

Ok..so when we have 18 - 19 wins and are a bubble team...will it be fair then to say this team has 'under-achieved?' Or will you then say, "Well, it was a rebuilding year, and he had that petition signed last year, so we are lucky to have 18 wins...blah, blah, blah???"

Just checkin up front to make sure.

Ok..so when we have 18 - 19 wins and are a bubble team...will it be fair then to say this team has 'under-achieved?' Or will you then say, "Well, it was a rebuilding year, and he had that petition signed last year, so we are lucky to have 18 wins...blah, blah, blah???"

As long as UT is in the NCAA's all is right with me.:hi:

Coach knows he needs to hit the ground running and capitalize on the Sweet 16 success, 5 one and done phenoms will be just fine.

Depends on if Stokes stays. If he stays, I see a top 15 team and Sweet 16 at least. We will pull in the TSU guy and should be as good if not better than this year.

If Stokes leaves, I think we are a bubble team, but I still see some good things.

J-Rich will be all-SEC, Hubbs has the potential to be special. We just need a big that can score.

Coach knows he needs to hit the ground running and capitalize on the Sweet 16 success, 5 one and done phenoms will be just fine.

Depends on if Stokes stays. If he stays, I see a top 15 team and Sweet 16 at least. We will pull in the TSU guy and should be as good if not better than this year.

If Stokes leaves, I think we are a bubble team, but I still see some good things.

J-Rich will be all-SEC, Hubbs has the potential to be special. We just need a big that can score.

No wonder the bball team has such a hard time living up to expectation.

All I've seen posted is how terrible next season will be, and what're we gonna do next year when we suck again. I've seen posters saying we will be below .500, I've got another poster betting me we finish worse than 10th in the SEC.

So Martin comes back, something you've seemingly been against as you've made multiple posts about how he doesn't wanna be here and will run at first chance. And now all of a sudden in your opinion expectation should be a top 20 team, and at minimum a Sweet 16.

Forgive me, but it sure seems like this is an intentional point you're trying to drive home so that 11 months from now you can say how bad this team is underachieving when they're outside the Top 25, make the dance and get bounced in round 2.

Reactions: 3 people

You've gone on record as saying around .500, so if next year we win 19-20 games you'll call it an overachievement and good coaching job from Zo.

Just checking up front to make sure...

Simple expectation should be like ZJC said, make the tourney. That's what most agree the expectation for Tennessee is, making the tourney consistently. As we saw this year once in anything can happen, so if you get in every year you're bound to end up winning a few at some point.

Simple expectation should be like ZJC said, make the tourney. That's what most agree the expectation for Tennessee is, making the tourney consistently. As we saw this year once in anything can happen, so if you get in every year you're bound to end up winning a few at some point.

Agreed! I think if we get stokes and the tsu transfer then that will start a streak of tournament appearances. It gives the time for the incoming class to develop.

VN Store

Back