Martin staying, officially. Statements from Hart and Martin.

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I found this to be thread worthy and wanted to post it for those who may not see it in the other thread.

HART

“We are proud that Cuonzo Martin will continue to lead our men’s basketball program. His three Tennessee teams have finished in the upper echelon of the SEC, and each of those teams entered the month of March in contention for an NCAA Tournament bid. His third team excelled in the postseason.

“We have high standards and expectations for continued improvement and results in every sport in our program. Having said that, our strong finishes within the conference the past three years, prioritizing academics, representing the University with class and operating within the parameters dictated by the University of Tennessee and the NCAA matters greatly. Additionally, the social culture of the men’s basketball program has vastly improved under Cuonzo’s leadership.

“We are working on modifications to Cuonzo’s current contract and will release details of those adjustments when finalized.”

Martin

“The past three seasons here at the University of Tennessee have been extremely rewarding for me, my family and my staff. We accepted some unique challenges when we took over this program in 2011, but our recent run to the Sweet Sixteen proves that our blueprint for achieving excellence both on and off the court can generate tremendous results.

“Just as our players have `bought in’ and made a commitment to doing things the right way in all aspects of their lives, my staff and I feel a strong commitment to them and their continued growth as men.

“Tennessee is where I want to be. That has never changed. I have said many times over the past three years that I believe we have the resources and support to be the last team standing, and that belief has never been stronger. I appreciate the unrivaled passion of this fanbase and feel the responsibility to make those fans proud. I also appreciate the commitment that the university and athletic department leadership have shown to this staff. I am excited about the future and remain honored to be the head basketball coach at Tennessee. Go Vols!”

Cuonzo Martin to remain at UT, official statements - VolNation Blog

Reactions: 47 people
Well, now that he's officially "the guy" I'll support him until proven otherwise. Pearl, Marshall et al are officially in the rear view mirror.

Reactions: 42 people
Ok, so now we can officially go back to the 'bash CCM posts'. Glad that didn't take long. I noticed our traffic has been down since Sunday.

Reactions: 1 person
Coach Martin has shown nothing but class, since he arrived.He might not be the next John Wooden but he is our coach and deserves our support.

Reactions: 18 people
Thanks for wanting to be here Coach! I'm proud you are our coach. The idiots are showing their ignorance. I know he won't see this but at least the idiots will know who I am referring too.:rock::rock:

Reactions: 4 people
I won't be surprised one bit if it is Cuonzo's staff that benefits the most from the "adjustments."

Sounds an awful lot like Hart is placing winning pretty far down his list of priorities. I mean, not cheating is important, but I would've hoped that he'd be setting the bar a little higher than "upper echelon of SEC" and "in contention for a bid".

Reactions: 6 people
Very happy now let's get to work making current roster players stronger and better and bring in a couple guys to shore up the roster.

I found this to be thread worthy and wanted to post it for those who may not see it in the other thread.

HART

Martin

Cuonzo Martin to remain at UT, official statements - VolNation Blog

fsa.gif

I would just like to add that I am glad Coach Martin has decided to stay and be our coach. Winning is very important and I believe he has done that in the past and will do that in the future, but running a clean program is just as important in my book and he has shown he does exactly that. Pearl was "iffy" at best at running a clean program and Coach Martin's program has a glistening shine to it and it feels good knowing that we don't have to worry about NCAA problems with Coach Martin guiding our ship. Have any of Martin's players gotten into any sort of trouble? If they have I don't recall it. So let's all put the past where it belongs and get behind Coach Martin and support our Vols as well as we know how!

Reactions: 3 people
OK, Tennessee is my school and CCM is my BBcoach. Good coach, bad coach, who knows, winning is his reason for being a Tennessee coach. Bottom line, enough said!!!!

VN Store

Back