Question for PR/Media people...

Dougie_D

Is this rare or common?

That a "source" tells us that CCM has an interview on Sunday, than within a 48 hours a "source" states that CCM pulls his name out.

Isn't usually 1 or the other but not both? Instead of interview, they could have said "interest".

Most hires and real interviews are not publicly stated. They just come out of nowhere when they hire someone.

Butch came out of nowhere. Even CCM I believe, right?

Reactions: 1 person
If a coach is looking for a raise, the "interest" angle is usually put out by his agent. It's not common to see a coach travel to a face to face interview that everyone knows about and then decide he's pulling out of the job hunt.

Is this rare or common?

That a "source" tells us that CCM has an interview on Sunday, than within a 48 hours a "source" states that CCM pulls his name out.

Isn't usually 1 or the other but not both? Instead of interview, they could have said "interest".

Most hires and real interviews are not publicly stated. They just come out of nowhere when they hire someone.

Butch came out of nowhere. Even CCM I believe, right?
I don't know about the Martin hire, but there were people that knew about Butch Jones talking to UT about the job, despite the Gruden lies.

I don't know about the Martin hire, but there were people that knew about Butch Jones talking to UT about the job, despite the Gruden lies.

Was there an actual national article about Butch though? I'm sure VN people knew, but the CCM story is on public display now. I just think that sort of stuff is mostly private. The "real" talks.

Was there an actual national article about Butch though? I'm sure VN people knew, but the CCM story is on public display now. I just think that sort of stuff is mostly private. The "real" talks.

I don't know of any national media except sbnation.com. And, in that instance, I'm using the term "media" very loosely.

Keep believing the Butch Jones smokescreen, Gruden is just working out the last few minor details. He's already putting a staff together.

One of the things that sticks in my mind the most is that he flew to Milwaukee to meet with them according to reports. Usually the representatives come to the coach.

I don't know if we'll ever know the full story, but not everything adds up in this story.

Happens all the time. See Strong, Charlie

Tom Jurich made it publicly that he would match any offers from any schools that came forward. He expressed that he wanted Charlie to stay.

Mr. Dave Hart has been squeaky quiet lately and I'm not sure how he really feels about CCM.

When TN reached the Sweet 16, they should've been talking. Instead it was Marquette doing the talking.

This one is pretty easy, CM's agent contacted the school to feel out the interest knowing it was a win/win. CM gets the job offer or he has a bargaining chip in his pocket with Fart, oops I mean Hart. He (CM) gets great pub by taking his name out of consideration coming out the better for it knowing that the school will never say they really had no interest or he didn't fit. Very, very, simple.

You've never heard of a coach interviewing? Seriously?

Matt Painter interviews at Missouri, was pretty much considered a lock to go to Missouri, and then withdrew his name after talking to the A.D. and getting some contract concessions, including a pay raise for his assistants and a larger recruiting budget. It happen all the time.

VN Store

Back