So what happens when we stink next year.

rich4pres

Instead of getting rid of Cuonzo and collecting 1.3 million it looks like we are probably gonna give him an extension. What happens next year when we go to the NIT or worse. We will probably get rid of him anyway but instead will pay a big buyout. This may be one of the dumbest moves in Tennessee history. :banghead2:

Reactions: 13 people
If we make a big financial commitment to Martin, we better be at 22-24 wins and talking about seeding in late February. Otherwise, things will be hairier than a Bama football player's Momma's mustache.

Reactions: 4 people
Instead of getting rid of Cuonzo and collecting 1.3 million it looks like we are probably gonna give him an extension. What happens next year when we go to the NIT or worse. We will probably get rid of him anyway but instead will pay a big buyout. This may be one of the dumbest moves in Tennessee history. :banghead2:

the ones that jumped back on the martin train will be signing another petition.

Reactions: 3 people

I mean you cant expect a coach to perform his best under the cloud of a one year contract, who knows what will happen I would imagine next year will be rough regardless who the coach is. I think this goes back to hart wanting to fix the football program first and once thats fixed the other sports will take care of themselves

Someone would create a petition to sign a petition to sign a petition.

Reactions: 1 person
So what happens when we stink next year.

Take a bath, put on some deodorant, and support your team. TN fans act so entitled, like we deserve to have Wooden as our head coach and a National Championship every year. Most schools would kill to get to the Sweet Sixteen and almost an Elite 8.

Reactions: 12 people
He has had 3 years.

Trust me Im not defending CCM I was just taking a stab at what was going through DH head at the time. I dont think Martin withdrew his name from contention at MU, I honestly think the boosters overruled the current sit in AD(Martins buddy) and MU withdrew Martins name from the job. Now hes at the mercy of Tennessee and its fan base, which Im not sure how hes going to recruit or coach here. I mean what do you tell a recruit "I dont know if I'll be here next year or not, you know I tried like hell to get out of here this past spring but that didnt work out so Im stuck here but I would love for you to come share the misery with me"

Reactions: 2 people
Why don't you clowns go cheer for another team
Ive never understood this stance, just because a fan is unhappy with the current administration doesnt mean that fan needs to go pull for another team. If you dont like president obama are you going to go cheer for russia in WW3? Grow the ***** up peter pan and get over yourself

Reactions: 18 people

Well if we get lucky ones like you will pick another team to cheer. Fit right in with Vandy.

We just came off a Sweet 16 (should have been Elite 8 if not for poor officiating) and we STILL have the "Farr Counzo" negavols infecting us with their stupidity.

Reactions: 11 people

CCM has just shown that he does not give a **** about a few loud mouth pricks. These lunatics in no way represent me or the majority of this fanbase!! Glad he is coming back, but would not have blamed him if he left with a one finger wave!!!!! GOVOLS!!!!

Reactions: 3 people
Ive never understood this stance, just because a fan is unhappy with the current administration doesnt mean that fan needs to go pull for another team. If you dont like president obama are you going to go cheer for russia in WW3? Grow the ***** up peter pan and get over yourself

kinda like how putin told Obama to stfu....and don't be immature yourself, bashing doesn't help, do it right and contact DH, cheeky and state your displeasure. and then don't support with $$$, that's what talks

You're in college or high school. I don't listen to immaturity.

Reactions: 2 people
My bottom floor for next year is 20 wins an and NCAA first round appearance. Anything less in year 4, especially after what is likely to a raise/extension this season, will disappoint.

Cuonzo made a bad decision IMO. If he took another job he would have at least 3 maybe 4 or 5 years to coach. He might not get that many years here. Personally, I'm to the point to where I don't care anymore. I love UT, and have for 45 years. But it seems they don't want to be a championship caliber team. I'll just go back to being strictly a football fan.

VN Store

Back