Deal With It

D.C. Vol

Coach Martin didn't need your "support" before making a remarkable March run, and he doesn't need it now. The rest of you can go back to your spitting contests in the football and recruiting forums. I'm glad Hart demonstrated good judgment by letting Cuonzo continue to blossom into the fine coach he is becoming. Deal. With. It.

Reactions: 50 people
Nothing "remarkable" about beating Umass and Mercer. 2.9 years of utter mediocrity then a kind draw and all of a sudden he's john wooden.

You guys are in for a rude awakening when he loses Pearl's recruits. Reality sets in next year. Enjoy it.

Coach Martin didn't need your "support" before making a remarkable March run, and he doesn't need it now. The rest of you can go back to your spitting contests in the football and recruiting forums. I'm glad Hart demonstrated good judgment by letting Cuonzo continue to blossom into the fine coach he is becoming. Deal. With. It.

Reactions: 26 people
Nothing "remarkable" about beating Umass and Mercer. 2.9 years of utter mediocrity then a kind draw and all of a sudden he's john wooden.

You guys are in for a rude awakening when he loses Pearl's recruits. Reality sets in next year. Enjoy it.
Go cheer for someone else

Reactions: 30 people

Should we stop supporting our team? That what you're trying to say? Either support the team or go go support auburn. Please

Reactions: 13 people
The original post I responded to didn't say "support your team". It was saying something far different....all based on the fact he beat umass and mercer.

Our fan base has lost their minds over those two wins. Gonna kill us in the long run. It starts next year, folks.

Should we stop supporting our team? That what you're trying to say?

Reactions: 6 people
The original post I responded to didn't say "support your team". It was saying something far different....all based on the fact he beat umass and mercer.

Our fan base has lost their minds over those two wins. Gonna kill us in the long run. It starts next year, folks.

There's a school in Auburn that needs more fans, how about you go there?

Reactions: 13 people

Don't waste your breath. People don't get it, and they won't until we miss the tourney again next year and they all come whining and crying.

Reactions: 4 people

There's nothing kind about winning 3 games in 5 days at two different sites. Nobody has ever claimed him to be John Wooden. The man deserves a fair chance to build his foundation for the program without unwarranted criticism. Again, go back to the football forum and play with the rest of the crazies. Tennessee Basketball doesn't need your support.

Reactions: 12 people
Declaring love for a guy after beating umass and mercer is crazy. But you're far from the only one, as we've seen.

There's nothing kind about winning 3 games in 5 days at two different sites. Nobody has ever claimed him to be John Wooden. The man deserves a fair chance to build his foundation for the program without unwarranted criticism. Again, go back to the football forum and play with the rest of the crazies. Tennessee Basketball doesn't need your support.

Reactions: 2 people

pretty sure foundations can be built in 3 years. If Zo hasn't built the foundation yet, how long do we give him to build the house??

If we miss it next year, that's 1 out of 4 years he's made it. And he'll have his own roster. He'll be out of excuses at that point, no?

Don't waste your breath. People don't get it, and they won't until we miss the tourney again next year and they all come whining and crying.

Reactions: 3 people

Nobody is John wooden.

Mercer is no joke. Beat Duke if you don't recall. The Michigan game said it all to me. I couldn't believe we almost won that game. That was all heart driven into them by Coach Martin toget back in that game. Michigan is outstanding team.

I was a Cuonzo detractor but he proved to me he can coach but the kids just took a while to buy into his style to play. Once they did it became evident

Reactions: 8 people
You mean the Michigan game where Cuonzo once again showed his close-game brilliance by having his PF handle the ball near the 3 pt line with ten seconds left? Yeah that sold me, too.

Nobody is John wooden.

Mercer is no joke. Beat Duke if you don't recall. The Michigan game said it all to me. I couldn't believe we almost won that game. That was all heart driven into them by Coach Martin toget back in that game. Michigan is outstanding team.

I was a Cuonzo detractor but he proved to me he can coach but the kids just took a while to buy into his style to play. Once they did it became evident

pretty sure foundations can be built in 3 years. If Zo hasn't built the foundation yet, how long do we give him to build the house??

So if Butch doesn't finish in the top 16 of the final rankings of his third season, will his work so far be considered a failure? The guy just came off of a Sweet 16 appearance. That's pretty solid evidence he has the program going in the right direction.

Reactions: 1 person
Beating umass and mercer is not solid evidence of anything except an extraordinarily kind draw. The 2.9 years leading up to it is all the evidence we need. And of course next year when cuonzo goes 1 out of 4 even making the tourney.

Again, you guys have lost your minds on those two wins. Just lost it.

So if Butch doesn't finish in the top 16 of the final rankings of his third season, will his work so far be considered a failure? The guy just came off of a Sweet 16 appearance. That's pretty solid evidence he has the program going in the right direction.

I think I just fell off the bed. Do I get excited. Do I panic. Do I just sit here and wait for football. Dang this is tough.

Can't wait to bookmark this thread and when the wheels fall off (again) and the same happy folks are calling for his head again after celebrating this disaster, we can all just sit back and say wow.

next year is the year that will prove Zo's worth as a coach. He will either show this year was an anomoly or he'll show it was a trend in the right direction. we just have different ideas on which of the two outcomes it will be.

There wasn't anything remarkable about UT's tourney run. He's an average coach as it stands. Considering it's year 6 for him as a coach, it's safe to assume he's about tapped out on potential.

Reactions: 2 people
Can't wait to bookmark this thread and when the wheels fall off (again) and the same happy folks are calling for his head again after celebrating this disaster, we can all just sit back and say wow.

Or when we're winning we can all just point and laugh at you

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back