What goes around comes around (eventually)

rockydoc

We snatched Kevin O'Neill from Marquette after he had lead them to the Sweet Sixteen.

And now , looks like Marquette might get our coach after he took us to the Sweet Sixteen.

I hope Hart looks to make a statement if CCM bolts. Hell, he can't do worse than Hamilton's body of work. Or could he...

1. Coach K, Duke $7.2 million
2. John Calipari, Kentucky*$5.4 million
3. Rick Pitino, Louisville $5.1 million
4. Bill Self, Kansas $5 million
5. Tom Izzo, Michigan State $3.75 million
6. Billy Donovan, Florida $3.7 million
7. Thad Matta, Ohio State $3.2 million
8. Tom Crean, Indiana $2.9 million
9. Josh Pastner, Memphis $2.65 million
10. Steve Alford, UCLA $2.6 million
11. Sean Miller, Arizona $2.5 million
12. Rick Barnes, Texas $2.4 million
12. Bo Ryan, Wisconsin $2.4 million
14. Jay Wright, Villanova $2.3 million
14. Buzz Williams, Virginia Tech $2.3 million
14. Travis Ford, Oklahoma State $2.3 million
14. Bruce Pearl, Auburn $2.3 million
18. John Thompson, Georgetown $2.2 million
18. Mike Anderson, Arkansas $2.2 million
20. Lon Kruger, Oklahoma $2.1 million
21. Mark Gottfried, N.C. State $1.95 million
22. Kevin Stallings, Vanderbilt*$1.93 million
23. Jim Boeheim, Syracuse $1.9 million
23. John Beilein, Michigan $1.9 million
25. Anthony Grant, Alabama $1.85 million
25. Jamie Dixon, Pittsburgh $1.85 million

If you're willing to pay $2.5 million a year you're paying top ten in the country salary. (You have to pay over $4 million to be top ten in the country for college football). If Marquette's offer to Cuonzo Martin is in the neighborhood of $2 million, then they're paying him as a top twenty coach in the country. If you're Dave Hart do you believe that Cuonzo Martin is a top twenty coach in the country? Other than Anthony Grant, is there anyone that you'd definitely put Cuonzo in front of? Sure, you can make arguments that Cuonzo is better than Mark Gottfried -- although Gottfried has been to the NCAA tourney eight of his last ten years coaching -- and I'd rather have Cuonzo than Kevin Stallings, who I think is the most overrated coach in the country, but outside of those two can you make an argument for Cuonzo over any of the other guys on this list?*Not an indictment against Martin, just reality.

Outkick the Coverage : Should Vols Match Marquette's Offer for Cuonzo Martin?

Reactions: 1 person
1. Coach K, Duke $7.2 million
2. John Calipari, Kentucky*$5.4 million
3. Rick Pitino, Louisville $5.1 million
4. Bill Self, Kansas $5 million
5. Tom Izzo, Michigan State $3.75 million
6. Billy Donovan, Florida $3.7 million
7. Thad Matta, Ohio State $3.2 million
8. Tom Crean, Indiana $2.9 million
9. Josh Pastner, Memphis $2.65 million
10. Steve Alford, UCLA $2.6 million
11. Sean Miller, Arizona $2.5 million
12. Rick Barnes, Texas $2.4 million
12. Bo Ryan, Wisconsin $2.4 million
14. Jay Wright, Villanova $2.3 million
14. Buzz Williams, Virginia Tech $2.3 million
14. Travis Ford, Oklahoma State $2.3 million
14. Bruce Pearl, Auburn $2.3 million
18. John Thompson, Georgetown $2.2 million
18. Mike Anderson, Arkansas $2.2 million
20. Lon Kruger, Oklahoma $2.1 million
21. Mark Gottfried, N.C. State $1.95 million
22. Kevin Stallings, Vanderbilt*$1.93 million
23. Jim Boeheim, Syracuse $1.9 million
23. John Beilein, Michigan $1.9 million
25. Anthony Grant, Alabama $1.85 million
25. Jamie Dixon, Pittsburgh $1.85 million

If you're willing to pay $2.5 million a year you're paying top ten in the country salary. (You have to pay over $4 million to be top ten in the country for college football). If Marquette's offer to Cuonzo Martin is in the neighborhood of $2 million, then they're paying him as a top twenty coach in the country. If you're Dave Hart do you believe that Cuonzo Martin is a top twenty coach in the country? Other than Anthony Grant, is there anyone that you'd definitely put Cuonzo in front of? Sure, you can make arguments that Cuonzo is better than Mark Gottfried -- although Gottfried has been to the NCAA tourney eight of his last ten years coaching -- and I'd rather have Cuonzo than Kevin Stallings, who I think is the most overrated coach in the country, but outside of those two can you make an argument for Cuonzo over any of the other guys on this list?*Not an indictment against Martin, just reality.

Outkick the Coverage : Should Vols Match Marquette's Offer for Cuonzo Martin?

Mike Anderson

Seriously. And where the **** is Roy Williams on that list? I can't believe that guy ain't making 2 mil. Jim Boeheim ain't even making 2 mil

I agree, Boeheim is the most underpaid coach in the coutry unless Williams seriously isn't in the top 25.

Per Forbes;

"9. Roy Williams
North Carolina

$2 million

Career record: 634-161 (.797)

NCAA Tournament appearances: 20

Titles: 2

Coaching at two of the nation's premier programs, Kansas and North Carolina, Williams has reached seven Final Fours and won a pair of titles at Carolina"

I agree, Boeheim is the most underpaid coach in the coutry unless Williams seriously isn't in the top 25.

Per Forbes;

"9. Roy Williams
North Carolina

$2 million

Career record: 634-161 (.797)

NCAA Tournament appearances: 20

Titles: 2

Coaching at two of the nation's premier programs, Kansas and North Carolina, Williams has reached seven Final Fours and won a pair of titles at Carolina"

The thing is, you guys have no idea what his actual salary comes out to be with incentives, marketing/appearances, and often times, cuts from the shoe deal. I'm sure Boeheim's actually salary is much higher.

VN Store

Back