Interesting about Martin to Marquette

cwbytruckers

I just spent some time on their board. Most of their fans are no different than ours. Some saying good things about Coach Martin. And then the others who are just a blister on the foot of the real knowledgeable fans. Coach Martin is highly respected to most Marquette fans and see him being able to succeed there. I for one am now 100% hoping we work something out to keep him. He has this program headed in the right direction. First off defense wins championships. This team is learning to play great defense. Yes there are improvements to be made. But with all the length on this team next year. Only one guy under 6'5 I believe. This team just needs to find a couple steady scorers. Someone to fill Maymons rebounding hole. And 22000 SCREAMING FANATICS filling up TBA every game standing firmly behind the Big Orange. Sadly I'm scared tomorrow when the buyout drops to 1.3 million he is gone. Then we are screwed. Please say NO Coach Martin. Finish what you started.

Reactions: 5 people
Would you really want to stay at a place were in time of need were martin needed the fans the most they bailed on em and started a petition to basically make him leave and bring back pearl. Then after he and the team start winning all of a sudden the same fans are back on his wagon and starting another stupid petition to give him a extension and a raise
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
I just spent some time on their board. Most of their fans are no different than ours. Some saying good things about Coach Martin. And then the others who are just a blister on the foot of the real knowledgeable fans. Coach Martin is highly respected to most Marquette fans and see him being able to succeed there. I for one am now 100% hoping we work something out to keep him. He has this program headed in the right direction. First off defense wins championships. This team is learning to play great defense. Yes there are improvements to be made. But with all the length on this team next year. Only one guy under 6'5 I believe. This team just needs to find a couple steady scorers. Someone to fill Maymons rebounding hole. And 22000 SCREAMING FANATICS filling up TBA every game standing firmly behind the Big Orange. Sadly I'm scared tomorrow when the buyout drops to 1.3 million he is gone. Then we are screwed. Please say NO Coach Martin. Finish what you started.

Stop crying you little baby.

Reactions: 14 people
So based off what other fans are saying from a school interested in hiring him, you're now 100% convinced? Please tell us more

Reactions: 4 people
As a general rule of thumb, 22,000 screaming fanatics aren't going to show up every game unless there's a product on the floor that's worth screaming for.

Reactions: 7 people
They have just as many reservations about hiring him as we do about keeping him. If he can't understand why UT fans were unhappy about being swept by A&M and having eleven losses in the regular season with this talent, then he's either really stupid or really butthurt. Neither looks good on a college coach.

Reactions: 6 people
And once again the blisters make an appearance. Its people like most of the ones who comment on here that make Coach Martin feel uncomfortable. I have my opinion and thats was stated above. Im not going to be drawn into a word game with the children who just want to start something every time someone post an opinion.

And for those of you who now want him gone so bad. Who is to say your not going to get what you want. Then lets watch players bolt. Committed players start looking around. And then we become even more more less relevant.

Reactions: 6 people
So based off what other fans are saying from a school interested in hiring him, you're now 100% convinced? Please tell us more

Yankee i didnt say their opinion was why. My opinion has been changed for about a month now. And even then i was only 60/40 us keeping him or not. When i saw this team start playing with a fire and they started winning games like they should and not squeaking them out. That changed my opinion. Sorry everyone is so transparent on this board.

And once again the blisters make an appearance. Its people like most of the ones who comment on here that make Coach Martin feel uncomfortable. I have my opinion and thats was stated above. Im not going to be drawn into a word game with the children who just want to start something every time someone post an opinion.

And for those of you who now want him gone so bad. Who is to say your not going to get what you want. Then lets watch players bolt. Committed players start looking around. And then we become even more more less relevant.

Funnier still is when someone responds to a IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT comment ,they suddenly started something :w00t:

After all that's happened, it's clear to me it's probably best for all involved that Martin leave (well we'll see if it's best for Marquette).

I will be fine if he stays, but I just think it's clear there's just so much uneasiness on both sides it's just not a good situation. It's kind of like your girlfriend made it known she's like to not be exclusive and date other people....rarely do you end up living happily ever after with her.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm not really against Martin staying. I just don't want for us to match an offer that would handcuff the AD with a coach that may or may not be the answer.

Reactions: 3 people
For most coaches, it's good to have at least a little job uncertainty. It keeps them on their toes. When a man becomes complacent in his job, it has a negative affect on his job performance. The best coaches always strive to improve their job performance over the previous season.

If Martin stays, then I would guess that Stokes would likely stay. If Stokes stays then Rhett, the transfer from TSU will likely come to U.T.

What is Hart doing? Is he waiting for Marquette to name a price and then he will counter or is he satisfied with Martin leaving???

I COULD CARE LESS IF HE GOES. I DONT BELIEVE HES A GOOD FIT FOR UT. HE DID TAKE SOME CRITICISM BUT DESEVED IN MY OPINION FOR 2 AND HALF YRS. HE WAS A MEDIOCRE COACH. BUT THE LAST HALF OF THIS YEAR HE COACH REALLY WELL. AND NO I DID NOT SIGN THE PETITION. HOPE EVERY ONE HAS A GREAT DAY.:good!:

If Martin stays, then I would guess that Stokes would likely stay. If Stokes stays then Rhett, the transfer from TSU will likely come to U.T.

What is Hart doing? Is he waiting for Marquette to name a price and then he will counter or is he satisfied with Martin leaving???

I SAY BY TO MARTIN AND GOOD LUCK. HART IS A HELL OF ALOT SMARTER THAN PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM. BECAUSE YOU KNOW HE'S GOT SOME NAMES IN HIS POCKET..:clapping:

I get the feeling that they are waiting until tomorrow because the buyout drops to 1.3 million. I think he takes the Marquette job. But if he does then i think that shakes up the recruiting. Of the 4 committed to they stay. Look elsewhere. Does the new coach bring in some good talent. Who knows at this point. I would like to see Martin get a couple more years. But i dont see a huge raise in it for him. Maybe im not so 100% when i read some of the comments on here. Oh man this is getting to be a head ache for all involved. I think when it comes down to it. I think all the fans just want some solid ground to stand on and have something they can be proud of.

Same here, I hope he stays I like winning and the guys a winner. Coaches who average 20 wins a season for their career are hard to find. We've got one and we need to keep him.

Reactions: 2 people
I SAY BY TO MARTIN AND GOOD LUCK. HART IS A HELL OF ALOT SMARTER THAN PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM. BECAUSE YOU KNOW HE'S GOT SOME NAMES IN HIS POCKET..:clapping:

100877-Anchorman-I-dont-know-what-wer-kWTL.gif

lol this.

The sweet 16 run was nice, but there are still lots of doubts about Cuonzos coaching ability and recruiting.

Pretty much this. I've defended him but the fact is he would have to prove himself next season.

I'm not implying he's not up to the challenge, but at the same time, it's a very good time for him to test the waters if he has any uneasiness about his future here.

Let them have him. I support the team while the coach has not proven he can produce a productive and consistent winner. If he leaves, it won't bother me at all. In recruiting when a coach leaves, there's always talk of how guys should be committing to a school and not to a coach. We've all "committed" to UT as fans, but that doesn't mean you have to be in love with the coach. I obviously rooted for UT in the tournament, but that doesn't require me to also support Martin. He's underwhelmed in 3 seasons. Let him go if he so chooses.

Pretty much this. I've defended him but the fact is he would have to prove himself next season.

I'm not implying he's not up to the challenge, but at the same time, it's a very good time for him to test the waters if he has any uneasiness about his future here.

This is true..

My real concern is im more of a basketball fan than a football fan. Im just tired of all the uncertainty around this program. I dont expect a final four appearance. I dream someday that UT will make it. I just want a program that when they take the floor you expect them to be able to compete with anybody.

VN Store

Back