If Martin is to leave this is what we need to do

VFL 24/7

Legend
Get out the checkbook and go get Gregg Marshall from Wichita State... I don't need to explain why if you have watched college basketball the past couple of years.

Reactions: 1 person
I would love to have Gregg Marshall but I think we need to let this play out first. Maybe CCM wants to stay a Vol. I don't know but this coaching search every year is getting old.

Get out the checkbook and go get Gregg Marshall from Wichita State... I don't need to explain why if you have watched college basketball the past couple of years.

That sounds real groovy man but the administration will likely hire a sub par coach that will probably make the tourney in year three.Hope you are right though.

I don't understand Hart. If he would invest in a winning coach then the basketball program would really successful and the basketball program would end up paying for itself.

I don't mean to say that just because Martin is not paid alot that he isn't a good coach. I also don't think that just because you pay someone alot, necessarily means that they will be successful.

If Martin leaves, then be willing to pay top money for a coach. If they keep saying "No", then go to the 10th person on your list, like we did with Martin & Jones. But at least be willing to pay top money for a coach.

With Hart not being willing to pay real money for a coach, then any successful coach will leave this university once his resume is padded with wins.

By not paying to keep a successful coach, this becomes a "stepping stone job" and not a "destination job"

I hope Martin stays but if he is to go we need to hire a proven winner. But like I said I hope CCM stays a Vol

I don't understand Hart. If he would invest in a winning coach then the basketball program would really successful and the basketball program would end up paying for itself.

I don't mean to say that just because Martin is not paid alot that he isn't a good coach. I also don't think that just because you pay someone alot, necessarily means that they will be successful.

If Martin leaves, then be willing to pay top money for a coach. If they keep saying "No", then go to the 10th person on your list, like we did with Martin & Jones. But at least be willing to pay top money for a coach.

With Hart not being willing to pay real money for a coach, then any successful coach will leave this university once his resume is padded with wins.

By not paying to keep a successful coach, this becomes a "stepping stone job" and not a "destination job"

Exactly, Hart needs to prove he wants a winner.. if not then GTFO

I ho pe Martin stays but if he is to go we need to hire a proven winner. But like I said I hope CCM stays a Vol

The only way we even have a chance to succeed is if Martin stays. Cause Stokes might stay & then Rhett might transfer from TSU. But if he leaves no proven coach would want to come here because of they way the fans & boosters treated Martin. Then you have to think about how other coaches will use this situation with the fans & boosters as a way to keep big time players away in recruiting. Folks we really fu**ed ourselves.

Those guys have proven beyond any doubt that they can coach. If taking Butler to 2 Final Fours doesn't convince you, I don't know what will

Not just 2 Final Fours, he got the championship both times and almost beat Duke in the first.

He made the NCAAT 5 of 6 seasons at Butler.

Why not at least wait until Hart hires some no-name-hope-and-a-prayer before you beat him up for it.

Seems like there's already been enough jumping the gun around here.

If we get bobby knight or coach K it wont be a big enough name for this unrealistic fan base..no wonder no one wants to come or stay here..if he leaves i blame the big orange fan-base and websites like this that give a platform to idiots who post about something they have no idea what they are talking about.

Reactions: 3 people
Get ready for Jeff Lebo or Kermit Davis or someone similar.

Get ready for Jeff Lebo or Kermit Davis or someone similar.

If we got Jeff Lebo, a failed coach at Auburn, then you could play next year's games at the rec center.

But I think Davis is a much better coach than Lebo, and doesn't deserve to be put in that same category. I don't want Davis, but he's not nearly as bad as Lebo.

The only way we even have a chance to succeed is if Martin stays. Cause Stokes might stay & then Rhett might transfer from TSU. But if he leaves no proven coach would want to come here because of they way the fans & boosters treated Martin. Then you have to think about how other coaches will use this situation with the fans & boosters as a way to keep big time players away in recruiting. Folks we really fu**ed ourselves.

This isn't the first time and probably will not be the last.

Because our "checkbook" is an endless bounty of overflowing cash.

Herp derp.

Makes sense. If I take Witchita State to the final 4, then to a 1 loss season, I would really be hoping I could be fortunate enough to land the job that Marquette hired the coach away from. That would put me only about 3 to 4 coaching jobs away from My dream job at Virginia Tech or even Cal maybe. Oh to dream the impossible dream.

I like Marshall and I think he would do fine here. With that being said this year their big wins were BYU, St. Louis, and Tennessee. Then losing to Kentucky 2nd game of tourney after being a #1. Last year their big wins were VCU and Creighton(who also beat WSU twice too). Then they had a nice run in the tournament but besides Ohio St. they had a pretty easy road playing Pitt, Gonzaga, La Salle, Ohio St. The year before that they beat UNLV and thats about it. My point is they had one nice run in the NCAA and getting a pretty good draw. I wouldn't mind having him but I don't think success would be a sure thing and I wouldn't break the bank.

VN Store

Back