If You Are Dave Hart What Mid Major Would You Hire.

I'm going Tommy Amaker

For the last time, no on Amaker. I fail to see what excites you so much about him. He was average at Seton Hall and sucked at Michigan. I'm not impressed he can win the Ivy League tournament a few times and pull a few upsets.

He's exactly where he should be.

We are still jumping the gun, but I would target Richard Pitino. I know some will say that he has less experience than Martin, but that is what our school has to pay for. I would love to get an experienced coach for 2.5, but I don't think it will happen.

Pitino coached in a tough league this year, and they were on the bubble. He plays exciting basketball, and his name will recruit in the south.

For the last time, no on Amaker. I fail to see what excites you so much about him. He was average at Seton Hall and sucked at Michigan. I'm not impressed he can win the Ivy League tournament a few times and pull a few upsets.

He's exactly where he should be.

U don't know much about him do u ?

He lead SETON HALL to a sweet sixteen and he also had arguably the number one recruiting class there. He took over a Michigan team under investigation also.

U don't know much about him do u ?

He lead SETON HALL to a sweet sixteen and he also had arguably the number one recruiting class there. He took over a Michigan team under investigation also.

Apparently you don't know much about him.

Yeah, he went to the Sweet 16 his 3rd year, his one good year. He also went 15-15 his first 2 years, then followed his S16 season with a 16-15 record.

He never took Michigan to the NCAAT, and won an NIT and was a runner up one year. 3 of his years at Michigan were losing seasons.

Again, looks to me like he's at the perfect spot for him, a place where his league gets 1 bid and he has to win the conference to do so. He's a downgrade from Martin.

Apparently you don't know much about him.

Yeah, he went to the Sweet 16 his 3rd year, his one good year. He also went 15-15 his first 2 years, then followed his S16 season with a 16-15 record.

He never took Michigan to the NCAAT, and won an NIT and was a runner up one year. 3 of his years at Michigan were losing seasons.

Again, looks to me like he's at the perfect spot for him, a place where his league gets 1 bid and he has to win the conference to do so. He's a downgrade from Martin.
So who else has made seton hall relevent and Who is your choice

Danny Manning. Did an amazing job at Tulsa this year. 6 of their top 7 were sophomores. Really did an exceptional job developing a young team.

Reactions: 4 people
If we're talking about taking a flyer on a coaching candidate, what about Drew Maddux at CPA? CPA has some legit D1 talent an he could be the pied piper that leads them to Knoxville.

We could probably get him on the cheap too.

Hold your hats for this suggestion...

Geno Auriemma.

We all know there is less than zero chance but he would win.

If we're talking about taking a flyer on a coaching candidate, what about Drew Maddux at CPA? CPA has some legit D1 talent an he could be the pied piper that leads them to Knoxville.

We could probably get him on the cheap too.

Can't see Maddux for a job like UT--too much of a flyer. It really surprised me but I saw that Maddux (a Vandy grad) was in the mix for the TSU coaching position. Also saw article that Jan Van Breda Kolff (also a Vandy grad) wanted the TSU job, and the TSU athletic director is former Vandy bball player.

Can't see Maddux for a job like UT--too much of a flyer. It really surprised me but I saw that Maddux (a Vandy grad) was in the mix for the TSU coaching position. Also saw article that Jan Van Breda Kolff (also a Vandy grad) wanted the TSU job, and the TSU athletic director is former Vandy bball player.

It's probably too big of a leap from high school to SEC and I doubt he'd leave CPA to take an assistant coaching job at UT.

I don't know what his buyout is but I would look strongly at Archie Miller. I was extremely impressed with his team and the style of BB they play. I think he could recruit here too.

VN Store

Back