Martin's assistants.

Dougie_D

Personally, I think he's getting more pressure from them to consider the Marquette job.

Jon Harris has been with CCM for a long time and they have a strong bond. This might be the first time that Jon Harris can "help out" CCM if he wasn't expecting to be at TN for that long.

Also, CCM might treat Jon Harris a little brother. What if he takes the job and makes Jon Harris as "coach in waiting." That's the other angle.

Webster has strong ties in Chicago recruiting and played for Wisconsin.

Personally, I think he's getting more pressure from them to consider the Marquette job.

Jon Harris has been with CCM for a long time and they have a strong bond. This might be the first time that Jon Harris can "help out" CCM if he wasn't expecting to be at TN for that long.

Also, CCM might treat Jon Harris a little brother. What if he takes the job and makes Jon Harris as "coach in waiting." That's the other angle.

Based on what?

And who the heck would agree to be a "coach in waiting" to someone who's only 42? That's stupid.

Reactions: 11 people

Isn't CCM a little young to have a "coach in waiting"?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
It just makes sense to me. CCM is still probably looking for a "bigger school".

But what if you had worked with someone basically your whole Head Coaching career and he had said he would one day like to be a HC? And he goes "Marquette would be my dream school" --- yes, that part might be far fetched...but who knows.

I think he wanted to continue to be there at Marquette after being a grad assistant but he wasn't hired so he elsewhere.

But what if you had worked with someone basically your whole Head Coaching career and he had said he would one day like to be a HC? And he goes "Marquette would be my dream school" --- yes, that part might be far fetched...but who knows.

I think he wanted to continue to be there at Marquette after being a grad assistant but he wasn't hired so he elsewhere.

It's not far-fetched, it's silly. 42 year old coaches do not have "head coach in waiting" assistants.

Not logical Captain Kirk.

Reactions: 2 people

First off this phrase is overused anytime someone takes a major college job. Point being it makes it like ehhhh.

CCM is gonna take a job to set up Jon Harris for a HC job? Harris couldnt climb the ladder like almost every other coach?

Marquette would be a step down in my mind. The Big East is not what it once was. It's like an 80's bad hair band. 'Nova champs in 85 and Gtown from earlier than that. St John's and Providence??? CCM needs to stay in a power conference and compete against the likes of UK and FLA.

Reactions: 2 people
Marquette would be a step down in my mind. The Big East is not what it once was. It's like an 80's bad hair band. 'Nova champs in 85 and Gtown from earlier than that. St John's and Providence??? CCM needs to stay in a power conference and compete against the likes of UK and FLA.

The SEC isn't a power conference in basketball

Those are my thoughts exactly. However; prior to the NCAA tourney selection the commentators were all saying " The S.E.C. is weak. They may only get 3 teams to qualify for the tourney"

Well, true enough, but of those 3 team, all 3 made the Sweet 16 and two make the Elite 8.......

As a whole, we are not strong in basketball (men's) but the few teams that we have that are strong, are really strong.....

You don't actually have to make an announcement of it do you? I'm just trying to say that I think his assistants might be influencing on him to go to Marquette. If Jon Harris wanted to leave TN to be a coach at Marquette again and the only way to get that gig is through CCM, do you think CCM would take the offer to help his assistants? He's the type that takes care of his assistants whenever he can IMO.

You don't actually have to make an announcement of it do you? I'm just trying to say that I think his assistants might be influencing on him to go to Marquette. If Jon Harris wanted to leave TN to be a coach at Marquette again and the only way to get that gig is through CCM, do you think CCM would take the offer to help his assistants? He's the type that takes care of his assistants whenever he can IMO.

No, he would probably do whatever it is he wants, and would put in a good word for Harris when that time comes.

Harris will not get that job without HC experience, or ASST experience on another staff.

So why should Cuonzo go there to set him up? He could do that himself. And as far as CCM looking for a bigger school? He's at a big school. One based on his resume. It's far better based on his resume. If he wanted to be Gene Keady here, he could very easily.

No, he would probably do whatever it is he wants, and would put in a good word for Harris when that time comes.

Harris will not get that job without HC experience, or ASST experience on another staff.

I agree Martin shouldn't do it for Harris, but you never know. It wouldn't be the real reason, but it could be a factor why Martin would go to Marquette.

It has the most money. Regardless of how the conference performs in basketball, it is a power player in college sports. It also is showing that the best teams in the conference were good- 2 in the EE and another 2 points from it.

VN Store

Back