Worst call ever

driscokid

You just can't rationally call that with 6 seconds left...I've been watching basketball for a long time and that was the worst ever ....let the game be decided on the court. Between that call, the Vandy game in football and the no call on Ramar Smith vs Ohio St I give up..

Reactions: 5 people
You just can't rationally call that with 6 seconds left...I've been watching basketball for a long time and that was the worst ever ....let the game be decided on the court. Between that call, the Vandy game in football and the no call on Ramar Smith vs Ohio St I give up..

I really do not know the rules on that it was obvious his R. foot was never completely settled but the worst call was Maymon's 2'nd foul at the 13.40 or so mark he was completely set with both arms straight in the air.

Reactions: 1 person
I really do not know the rules on that it was obvious his R. foot was never completely settled but the worst call was Maymon's 2'nd foul at the 13.40 or so mark he was completely set with both arms straight in the air.

The fourth foul callon Maymon was just as bad, I looked at it over and over absolutely no contact. As to the charge/blocking foul the rules were changed last year and state that the defender must be set before the offensive player begins his move. Clearly not the case.

Reactions: 2 people

It was a good call. Clearly lowered his shoulder into him. Even if it is a no call he still had the ball stolen by a Michigan player.

Reactions: 3 people
It was a good call. Clearly lowered his shoulder into him. Even if it is a no call he still had the ball stolen by a Michigan player.

This whole reasoning thing is uncalled for. The refs were against UT because of Kiffin and the hostesses.

Mich player knocked it out of bounds. he didn't steal it. Stokes didn't lower his shoulder. Plain to see who you were cheering for

Reactions: 13 people
I hate to blame officiating for a loss, but that was a complete BS call. Stokes gets fouled every other possession without getting the whistle. Watch him get shoved out of bounds just a few moments earlier and then justify the charge. Please.

Reactions: 6 people

The lowering of the shoulder is what sold it for the official, but that is what is frustrating. The shoulder doesn't matter as much with the new rule. If the defender is not in correct position, the shoulder doesn't matter.

If you don't really follow/watch bball, then you'd probably think it was a bad call. It was a desperation play.

The lowering of the shoulder is what sold it for the official, but that is what is frustrating. The shoulder doesn't matter as much with the new rule. If the defender is not in correct position, the shoulder doesn't matter.

Stokes was actually driving around the defender - he got pinched between two guys and the defender that flopped somewhat threw his chest at Stokes before he flopped. It was a good effort if you were trying to draw a charge and was largely initiated by a moving defender. I agree it was not a charge - at best a no call with 6 seconds. It was almost as if this ref was - trying to offset his call where he just called stepping on the line on Michigan.

Stokes didn't lower his shoulder, he was how ever in a basketball stance of driving the ball. The mich guy flop, you can see him falling before contact, but they was getting calls most of the night and you just have to adjust to how the officials call the game, its sad for UT fans a flayers the ref should have swallowed the whistle has they had done in most of the previous plays.

Does anyone else find it dumb that Stokes was given the right to take the last shot to win the game over Richardson and McRae? Then man has no post move or jump shot. After a timeout, there is no excuse, to not have a better thought out play than that anyway.

Stokes was not taking the last shot. That ball was going to McRae, who was open for the drive at the top of the key. If you watch the play. Stokes was raising his arms and looking right at Jordan when the the ball was stripped/ foul called. Jordan had his hands in front like he was anticipating the pass and he was wide open for the drive as his man was the guy reaching in on Stokes. I believe Martin stated the play was going to McRae with Maymon as a backup in his post game interview.

Does anyone else find it dumb that Stokes was given the right to take the last shot to win the game over Richardson and McRae? Then man has no post move or jump shot. After a timeout, there is no excuse, to not have a better thought out play than that anyway.

I think it's dumb you and others keep assuming he was going to take the last shot.

Why do I think that if the exact same play happened and the call went against Randle that you just might be singing a different tune?

Either way, having Stokes back down a defender from a good ways out was not the best option for a potential game winning shot. After a timeout, you would think we would have something better than that.

I've liked Stokes facing up all year. Just usually prefer it more towards the elbow where he can go either way or spin. Limited options for him from there as you can't ask a center to hug the baseline with his weaker hand in that position so you basically have a right hand dribble, which the defender knew when he jumped in and flopped. Maybe get it to the elbow with him or hand it off and hit the boards. That said, Mcrae was open and Stokes was going for the pass as his left hand was hacked. I've posted a couple of times but when the ball flies out of a player's hands in that way as a defender is coming in on his hands to try and swat it, 99.9% of the time the defender got hand and not ball, and ball is not part of the hand in that situation.

Were those the same refs that called the Louisville/KY game? If so, I just claim incompetency not getting jobbed. That game was called just as atrocious!

VN Store

Back