15-16 Vanderbilt
23-12 Missouri

Play in game:
20-13 Iowa - 1-7 in their last 8 games

Tournament run:
24-9 UMass
27-9 Mercer

Which win impresses you most?

Mercer did our dirty work by beating Duke. I'd put money on Martin losing to Duke. He loses to just about every team that's better. And is it true that UMass was seeded incorrectly?

I want to believe in Martin but why is anyone impressed by this run?

People want to compare it to Bruce making it to the Sweet 16, but last time I checked.. Bruce actually beat good teams. #1 Kansas with half the team suspended and #1 Memphis for starters. Also, 3-1 vs. Florida during their back to back title runs if I recall. He also got Tennessee to #1 nationally. Averaged top 5 attendance...

This is not a call for Bruce back. This is simply pointing out that UT has the resources to be a power house. What's impressive about this run? I'd like to know. Our front court was bigger than everyone else and we beat bad teams. Put Stokes and Maymon with 3 guys off the street and they'd still beat Mass and Mercer. Am I missing something about why this run is impressive and Martin should be given extension?

Reactions: 6 people
Last time I checked, you're changing what you compare. Who did Pearl beat IN THE NCAAT in those Sweet 16 runs?

I'll answer for you. Based on what you consider "impressive", Pearl had one NCAAT win that was impressive, Ohio St.

Again, you're the window-licker who said Martin had to get to the S16 to get your support, and he did, and you start whining like a little girl about who they beat.

So again, get bent.

Reactions: 12 people
pztAdJp.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Absolutely. No coach worth their salt is going to want to come coach with the fanbase trying to run the previous coach out of town, while on a NCAA run.

Reactions: 2 people
Yes. He should be extended 3 yrs and bumped to 2 million. Does he do things that make me scratch my head.....yes, but he earned his raise/extension. Proud to have him as my coach.

Reactions: 3 people
Yes. He should be extended 3 yrs and bumped to 2 million. Does he do things that make me scratch my head.....yes, but he earned his raise/extension. Proud to have him as my coach.

Agree.

Cant believe we are still having this convo. Of course he should. Some people need to head over to an Auburn board and call it a day.

Or retained for that matter...

SEC run:
14-20 South Carolina
14-19 Miss St.
14-16 Auburn
15-16 Vanderbilt
23-12 Missouri

Play in game:
20-13 Iowa - 1-7 in their last 8 games

Tournament run:
24-9 UMass
27-9 Mercer

Which win impresses you most?

Mercer did our dirty work by beating Duke. I'd put money on Martin losing to Duke. He loses to just about every team that's better. And is it true that UMass was seeded incorrectly?

I want to believe in Martin but why is anyone impressed by this run?

People want to compare it to Bruce making it to the Sweet 16, but last time I checked.. Bruce actually beat good teams. #1 Kansas with half the team suspended and #1 Memphis for starters. Also, 3-1 vs. Florida during their back to back title runs if I recall. He also got Tennessee to #1 nationally. Averaged top 5 attendance...

This is not a call for Bruce back. This is simply pointing out that UT has the resources to be a power house. What's impressive about this run? I'd like to know. Our front court was bigger than everyone else and we beat bad teams. Put Stokes and Maymon with 3 guys off the street and they'd still beat Mass and Mercer. Am I missing something about why this run is impressive and Martin should be given extension?

Duke put 2 lottery picks against Mercer and couldn't beat them.

Martin is not an especially good coach but he's ours for a while. We had a fairly talented team this year--we should have made a run. Most good basketball coaches are intense. Martin is mellow. Not a fan of mellow, and my expectations with him are not high, but I will root for the team, as always. He's better than Houston--is that an endorsement?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back