So some boosters will not allow their planes to be used

After Martin wins tonight and if he wins another few games in the tourney, he shouldn't even try to renegotiate his contract. He should just have his agent look for another school that would be happy to have him. Even if its less money. I'm embarrassed by what has transpired over the last few months with our so-called fans.

Reactions: 21 people
I wonder how big a deal this really was from a recruiting standpoint. It's my understanding that there are more than a few high dollar donors that make their planes available to coaches. As long as it was only one or 2 donors pulling support I can't see how this is anything but someone trying to fan the fire, so to speak. It's not like these guys were slumming it on MegaBus or something.

Reactions: 1 person
I wonder how big a deal this really was from a recruiting standpoint. It's my understanding that there are more than a few high dollar donors that make their planes available to coaches. As long as it was only one or 2 donors pulling support I can't see how this is anything but someone trying to fan the fire, so to speak. It's not like these guys were slumming it on MegaBus or something.

Agree, details would be needed to know the extent. If coaches were forced to use commercial though that definitely could've been a disadvantage.

If you wanna go see a couple recruits all in the same day, that can be very hard to do taking all commercial flights.

I believe the OP said that the coaches have been flying commercial for the last month.

After Martin wins tonight and if he wins another few games in the tourney, he shouldn't even try to renegotiate his contract. He should just have his agent look for another school that would be happy to have him. Even if its less money. I'm embarrassed by what has transpired over the last few months with our so-called fans.

Panties get wadded up much?

Fans are going to complain if the team is underachieving - fans are going to cheer if you are meeting expectations or exceeding them. I honestly haven't heard anything negative with regard to Coach Martin since we started playing better.

Move on - there are Wolverines to pound.

Reactions: 4 people

Fans are going to complain if the team is underachieving - fans are going to cheer if you are meeting expectations or exceeding them. I honestly haven't heard anything negative with regard to Coach Martin since we started playing better.

I believe the best way to improve recruiting is to make it harder for a coach to recruit.

Reactions: 2 people

You shouldn't be embarrassed at all. You should be proud the fanbase cares. All Cuonzo has had to do is put a decent product on the court. Winning solves all problems.

Reactions: 3 people

I believe there was more to it than normal fan reaction....

I wonder what the fans will say/think if/when he does leave for another job....

This is a real issue. I wish some of our big money boosters would just go away. Too much power and the average fan has no voice anymore.

Reactions: 2 people
You shouldn't be embarrassed at all. You should be proud the fanbase cares. All Cuonzo has had to do is put a decent product on the court. Winning solves all problems.

So idiot donors pulling planes making it difficult to recruit is ok with you? I wish the 36K would find a new team. My guess is that most of them never accomplished anything athletically to be considered credible to speak on any topic. Most of the time it's so called popular kids who grew up with a silver spoon in their mouth based on what their daddy did. That or old farts that haven't picked up a basketball since they switched from a peach basket.

This is a real issue. I wish some of our big money boosters would just go away. Too much power and the average fan has no voice anymore.

Yes, get rid of the big money boosters and private planes would not even be a possibility! There would be an echo from the empty seats caused by unbelievable seat prices. Jealousy and envy are unhealthy.

Yes, get rid of the big money boosters and private planes would not even be a possibility! There would be an echo from the empty seats caused by unbelievable seat prices. Jealousy and envy are unhealthy.

I said "some" of them. The 2 that aren't allowing CCM to use their planes wouldn't be missed.

VN Store

Back