CCM or Jon Harris the "Mystery Candidate?

Dougie_D

Apparently, yesterday, ESPN insider - John Gasaway announced that Marquette have a "mystery candidate" still coaching in Sweet 16.

I totally forgot that Jon Harris has major ties with Marquette as well.

Jon Harris is CCM's right hand man.

Plus, some people at Marquette forums believe that it could be CCM. Some are also saying it could be Scott Drew from Baylor.

Marquette's Next Target

Apparently, yesterday, ESPN insider - John Gasaway announced that Marquette have a "mystery candidate" still coaching in Sweet 16.

I totally forgot that Jon Harris has major ties with Marquette as well.

Jon Harris is CCM's right hand man.

Plus, some people at Marquette forums believe that it could be CCM. Some are also saying it could be Scott Drew from Baylor.

Marquette's Next Target
After his current recruiting class here, I would run as well. I am not trying to be disrespectful but Martin will never be hotter. He has done a very good job getting the team to jell at the right time, but frankly he is a mediocre coach and his stock has pretty much peaked, so do you sell or hold?

Reactions: 14 people
The article mentions 4 candidates Archie Miller, Cuonzo Martin, Scott Drew, and Frank Hoiberg and thinks it is Drew.

Miller = Signed Extension through 2018.
Martin = Was already on the chopping block and isn't a strong coach/recruiter
Hoiberg = Iowa raised - No need to move as he coaches at his alma mater already
Scott Drew = Ding Ding Ding

IMO, no big school is coming after Zo just yet. Despite his recent success, his last 2.5 years has been mediocre. He'll need a more complete body of work with a couple of more successful seasons. He's not leaving this season

Reactions: 4 people
If Cuonzo leaves be ready for no stokes next year and 2 mediocre years at least. maybe only one if we replace him with a really good coach.
Hopefully Cuonzo sticks around after this season. I wanna see what he does next year with a relatively clean slate and a bit of ncaa tourney swag.

Reactions: 7 people
After his current recruiting class here, I would run as well. I am not trying to be disrespectful but Martin will never be hotter. He has done a very good job getting the team to jell at the right time, but frankly he is a mediocre coach and his stock has pretty much peaked, so do you sell or hold?

jail*

We HAVE to get to the bottom of this Chris Rock controversy! :detective:
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
If Cuonzo leaves be ready for no stokes next year and 2 mediocre years at least. maybe only one if we replace him with a really good coach.
Hopefully Cuonzo sticks around after this season. I wanna see what he does next year with a relatively clean slate and a bit of ncaa tourney swag.

We're looking at a couple of mediocre years regardless of whether Martin stays or goes, IMO.

Reactions: 4 people
gel

but anyways, I don't think there is any way Cuonzo leaves
well it would be stupid to anyways... Marquette is not nearly as appealing as tennessee

Reactions: 1 person
You do not think these two men look alike? #cantbeserious

images

VN Store

Back