"Kwanzo Martin"

D.C. Vol

According to Coach Beilein, our head basketball coach goes under a different title. I am as anxious as ever for tomorrow night's bloodbath at the hands of our Volunteers. Jordan McRae was treated as if he were a walk-on during the press conference as well. Don't worry, Michigan, you're going to get to know these gentlemen very well come Friday evening..

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
According to Coach Beilein, our head basketball coach goes under a different title. I am as anxious as ever for tomorrow night's bloodbath at the hands of our Volunteers. Jordan McRae was treated as if he were a walk-on during the press conference as well. Don't worry, Michigan, you're going to get to know these gentlemen very well come Friday evening..

link?

Not sure if he meant any disrespect but its not like our coach is named John.....Zo is difficult to say and spell if u r not use to it.....Its why I use Zo.

He should just officially change his name to Kwanzaa.
It's easier to remember because it's a holiday.

Reactions: 2 people
Serious question. What are the chances that CCM leaves for another school?

After the foolishness that went on with fans and wanting Pearl. I would think He would leave if He gets a good offer. He now knows so called fans could turn on Him at anytime.

Reactions: 4 people
Serious answer: first good offer he gets he is gone. 36,000 morons attaching their names to a petition to have you replaced will make that happen.

I thought it was pronounced Qwuanzo for the longest time. I'm sure UM coach thought the same thing. No disrespect and no big deal imo.

Reactions: 3 people
Zo will stay if he's given the right % increase in salary and a minimum 2 yr extension so he can recruit.

After the foolishness that went on with fans and wanting Pearl. I would think He would leave if He gets a good offer. He now knows so called fans could turn on Him at anytime.

Lol.. Not if he's winning.. U think it's bad here?? Try losing to the teams he lost to at uk, Duke, etc.

Serious answer: first good offer he gets he is gone. 36,000 morons attaching their names to a petition to have you replaced will make that happen.

I did the math and posted it in one of these threads the other day. 36,000 people signing that petition is a very small fraction of our fanbase. 3% or less.

The majority of our fan base either roots for him or says nothing at all.

I hope he's smart enough not to let at best 3% of our fanbase dictate whether he stays or goes.

Reactions: 3 people

Yep - I already have my plans made to turn on him if we don't win the national championship. I have my mattresses, pitchforks, and Molotov cocktails at the ready.

Get off of this already. This is the best fan base in the world. If you underachieve and if you don't coach our students athletes to the level they deserve - then we are going to complain and ask probing questions. It's because we as a fan base care. When I see Richardson taking two shots a game and Stokes taking 4 shots in a game and McRae going one for fifteen taking bad shots against Florida -then the coaches don't get my full approval and support.

Sorry if that gets some panties wadded.

Reactions: 4 people

2 things IMO.

1. A big part will be, what's available. He wouldn't just leave to leave, would have to be a good situation.

2. What will Hart offer? If Dave Hart shocks everyone and says, you're my guy Cuonzo...I'm giving you more than Pearl, you'll be the 3rd highest paid coach behind Cal and Donovan. I think Martin might no be quite as sour as he may be currently.

Reactions: 1 person
I thought that petition was meaningless

The petition was stupid and meaningless - and was much more a Pro- Pearl than it was designed as a negative to Coach Martin imo. Coach Martin was well liked on a personal level and was either going to make it or not make it on his own merit -and obviously he made it. At the time the petitioners were posturing - if it turned out Coach Martin didn't succeed and if he was replaced - then they wanted UT to hire Coach Pearl.

VN Store

Back