'14 TN F MJ Rhett (TSU Transfer)

bleedingTNorange

A graduate transfer that would be eligible to play immediately next season...

6'9" 235lbs

Tennessee State Transfer M.J. Rhett Ready For Success

Rhett said he has been talking the most with Tennessee, Miami and Ole Miss—calling them the three frontrunners at the moment. He said he really likes the opportunity at Tennessee with head coach Cuonzo Martin, who has his team in the middle of a Sweet Sixteen run.

“I like the coaching staff. I like the opportunities there. Like the opportunity to go there and play with Jarnell Stokes, but he may be going to the league,” Rhett said.

Lists offers from: Illinois, Oklahoma State, Tennessee, Miami (FL), Ole Miss, Wichita State, Memphis, Villanova, Georgia Tech, Minnesota, Alabama, New Mexico and Texas A&M.

A big part of what makes Rhett such an attractive commodity is how he performed against quality teams last season.
Tennessee: 14 points, five rebounds and three blocks.
Wichita State: 16 points, 11 rebounds and three blocks.
Belmont: 10 points and 19 rebounds.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
If Stokes returns, and we land Rhett, a frontline of...
Stokes 6-8 260
Rhett 6-9 235
Davis 6-8 220
Cofer 6-8 220
Turman 6-9 235
...looks pretty intimidating from a size standpoint.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
I think if Martin wants him and there's a scholarship for him he's ours. I don't know what gonna go in with Reese or Q, but I assume one is leaving.

Reese has ben getting some minutes in the tourney...I would think it would be Q that would be transferring.

When is he announcing? Or has he said that yet? would be a HUGE get.

From article linked in OP...

Rhett said he is looking to make his decision in the next three to four weeks, and he will likely trim down his list after this weekend. The talented transfer said he is looking for a list of things in a potential destination—with winning being the top priority.

VN Store

Back