"Tennessee is one of the hottest teams in the country"

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Just reiterated by the announcers during the Memphis/Virginia game.

The Vols are getting a lot of great national exposure.

Reactions: 17 people
It also caught my ear when Mercer's coach at the half said we're the "strongest team in the tournament." Pretty sure he meant physical strength, but it really stood out to me. And it's probably true. Kentucky would have to be the closest in terms of inside strength.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm am so glad the mighty Vols won, not only the national exposure but maybe now all the Conzo bashing will stop....for now anyway.

Reactions: 5 people
TN beat three very good teams, none of which played poorly or gave them one thing. They earned the right to be in the Sweet 16 and I suspect no one wants to play them.

Reactions: 4 people
Just reiterated by the announcers during the Memphis/Virginia game.

The Vols are getting a lot of great national exposure.

I have heard several mentions of this, especially by Charles Barkley, but I still feel like we may be getting overlooked in some aspect. Just checked out ESPN and every game today has a mention of the winning team except ours. Our headline says "Mercer's run ends"...:crazy:

Last edited:
TN beat three very good teams, none of which played poorly or gave them one thing. They earned the right to be in the Sweet 16 and I suspect no one wants to play them.

"Very" good teams....no!

But they were the teams in UT's way and UT beat them. The very good teams are coming up.

Reactions: 1 person
I have heard several mentions of this, especially by Charles Barkley, but I still feel like we may be getting overlooked in some aspect. Just checked out ESPN and every game today has a mention except ours...:crazy:
ESPN hates us!
:crazy:

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back