What do you think?

revjayp

šŸ‘ˆšŸ¼Thatā€™s my boy, Knox.
Now that TN has reached the Sweet 16, I believe there's no way he won't get an extension and raise. Do you think the AD would do it this week or keep waiting? I can see how either way works. Just curious what Volnation thinks. I'll hang up and listen.

Reactions: 1 person
Not while he's coaching still. They'll wait till after the season.

If you're Martin why sign this week?

I'm waiting til after I win the National Championship, gonna get a much better deal :)

Think about this: this time last week, we were furious we had to play a play-in game and expecting a coaching change. Ball was in TN's court. Now, Pearl is no longer an option and now CM has all the momentum with us in the sweet 16. Wow.

Reactions: 1 person
Think about this: this time last week, we were furious we had to play a play-in game and expecting a coaching change. Ball was in TN's court. Now, Pearl is no longer an option and now CM has all the momentum with us in the sweet 16. Wow.

Pearl was never an option.

If you're Martin why sign this week?

I'm waiting til after I win the National Championship, gonna get a much better deal :)

He should be the 3rd highest paid coach in the SEC when the season ends. Hopefully, that's a couple if weeks away.

He should be the 3rd highest paid coach in the SEC when the season ends. Hopefully, that's a couple if weeks away.

I can understand not paying him more than Anderson ($2.2m), he is a better coach, but damn they just flat out overpaid.

I think no way he shouldn't be top 5 though, so at least $2m

Did anybody see the Hug D. Hart put on him after the game.

Also, CBJ on 3rd Row. Standing and Cheering like a HS Kid...

Reactions: 2 people
I hope they don't give him a raise or an extension until after next year. They are playing great right now but I'm not convinced he's anything more than a one trick pony. We got lucky, made the tournament, and now they are surely taking advantage of their opportunity. I'm impressed that CM has this team playing well despite all the distractions that could have derailed another team, but I'm still not excited that he's our coach. Sorry. Go Vols.

Last edited:
I hope they don't give him a raise or an extension until after next year. They are playing great right now but I'm not convinced he's anything more than a one trick pony. We got lucky, made the tournament, and now they are surely taking advantage of their opportunity. I'm impressed by CM and the way he has this team playing despite all the distractions that could have derailed any other team, but I'm still not excited that he's our coach. Sorry. Go Vols.

Can't happen. If you don't want to extend him, then you might as well buy him out. You simply can't have a lame duck coach.

Martin deserves an extension and raise now. You reward performance. We may struggle some next year, but he will have some solid players. Hopefully, he parlays it into some good recruits in 2015.

The only way Counzo is gone next year is if he chooses to leave otherwise after this run he gets an extension and a raise, which is deserved. I was a BBB guy & let's face it, if Tennessee had of been playing like this all year they would never have been a BBB movement. Glad they caught fire at the right time.

GO VOLS!!
Beat Michigan!

He will DEFINITELY get an extension and a raise. Not sure how much though. I'd say at least 2-3 more years and about $500K/year raise.

VN Store

Back