Perspective

SMU Vol

After tonight, just 16 teams will have the chance to compete for a national title. We will be one of them. Perennial powerhouses like Duke, Kansas, UNC, and Syracuse will not. I, like many others, have expressed doubt about Cuonzo Martin recently. I was wrong. Anyone who did was wrong. Go Vols

Reactions: 10 people
Yessir.
You get national recognition when you get this far. We'll be talked about across the country all week.

After tonight, just 16 teams will have the chance to compete for a national title. We will be one of them. Perennial powerhouses like Duke, Kansas, UNC, and Syracuse will not. I, like many others, have expressed doubt about Cuonzo Martin recently. I was wrong. Anyone who did was wrong. Go Vols

I know it's not likely, but I actually feel like we have a chance to win it all. We can beat anyone when we rebound and pound it inside. Louisville scares me more than any team in this tournament.

Reactions: 1 person
Yessir.
You get national recognition when you get this far. We'll be talked about across the country all week.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if we don't get talked about. We haven't had any exciting games so far because we have been dominating teams.

I know it's not likely, but I actually feel like we have a chance to win it all. We can beat anyone when we rebound and pound it inside. Louisville scares me more than any team in this tournament.
Louisville is playing as well as anyone in the country right now. Their 4 seed is a complete farce. I saw them whip my other school, SMU, at Moody Coliseum which is no easy task two weeks ago. Russ Smith is for real. I would much rather face UK than Louisville

Cuonzo haters are hiding out! :)

I am proud of the way this team has elevated their play since Dale Ellis addressed them the day they retired his number! He told them something that has them believing in each other! It has been fun to watch!

GO VOLS!!! Beat Michigan!!!!

I am proud of Coach and this team. They have made a believer out of most of us, even those of us that were questioning them just a month ago. I agree the whole Bbb stuff was taking it too far, but let's be honest, this team hasn't played like this in 3 years. Bruce is gone, we are in the Sweet Sixteen, so why don't we all just enjoy the moment.

This is a talented, hardworking, well coached team. I have had doubts and even criticized Zo at times this year. This team is finally playing with full effort for every possession of the game. I give credit to Zo for getting 100% out of these kids. Earned my full respect.

During this 3 game stretch, this the hardest playing, best coached team I have seen in my many decades of watching UT bball...Pearl era included.

Congrats to these kids and Zo. Great day to be a vol!!

This is a talented, hardworking, well coached team. I have had doubts and even criticized Zo at times this year. This team is finally playing with full effort for every possession of the game. I give credit to Zo for getting 100% out of these kids. Earned my full respect.

During this 3 game stretch, this the hardest playing, best coached team I have seen in my many decades of watching UT bball...Pearl era included.

Congrats to these kids and Zo. Great day to be a vol!!

That right there is the best thing anyone could say! Enjoy the moment...it sure is great to be a Tennessee VOL!!

Cuonzo's 24 win ties for forth best in program history.
Also his 3 wins ties pearl for our best tourney run (win wise).
GBO!!!!!!!

This was the first year that I have been watching basketball that I did not have much interest in them. Granted, the loss to a severely undermanned Vandy team and 2nd loss to Texas A&M, confirmed this. I was through with them. I knew this team was better talent wise than what was being shown on the floor. They just had to find the right chemistry at the right time.
SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO HIT BOTTOM BEFORE YOU RISE AGAIN.

Reactions: 2 people
^ Cool. Don't see why we cant give Michigan a game. Tennessee seems like a cammed big block engine thats been idling rough. Just now building up enough RPM's to run smooth and strong.

I am proud of Coach and this team. They have made a believer out of most of us, even those of us that were questioning them just a month ago. I agree the whole Bbb stuff was taking it too far, but let's be honest, this team hasn't played like this in 3 years. Bruce is gone, we are in the Sweet Sixteen, so why don't we all just enjoy the moment.

I agree. I was doubting Martin as well. Not anymore.I was wrong and have no problem admitting it. But you're gonna have some people rub it in and "I told ya so".

Somewhere knowthevols is sobbing uncontrollably on Bruce Pearl's shoulder.

Get to the sweet sixteen the country talks about you for a week, get to the final four the country talks about you until next season.

VN Store

Back