What Led to Vols Loss to Mercer Last Year?

OrangeNehi

All I know is that the Vols lost, which is a wakeup call, for sure. I presume the makeup of the team was the same. Anybody see the game?

All I know is that the Vols lost, which is a wakeup call, for sure. I presume the makeup of the team was the same. Anybody see the game?

Lack of motivation. Some on here will tell you the NIT doesn't matter, so it's ok to lose.

Reactions: 1 person
Lack of interest or not, Stokes is markedly improved this season, richardson's offense is markedly improved over last season, and Maymon was out for the season. This is a much stronger ut team vs a year back.

Can't speak for mercer.

Effort wasn't there. I remember Trae starting to try hard with like. 5 minutes to go in the second half. We just didn't care to win.

Just like some are already discrediting our current run.

That same group will also be the first to rake the team/coaches over the coals for lying down in the NIT last year, but wouldn't have celebrated winning the whole dang thing under the premise of, "Meh, it was only the NIT".

Reactions: 2 people
Just like some are already discrediting our current run.

It's equally pathetic to constantly bring up stupid ideas as if they're trending. News flash, bud, maybe .1% of people, in general, are "discrediting" the run.

You've mentioned it more times than any individual on here.

Reactions: 1 person
It was the NIT. They didn't care. Would have rather gotten a W, but I don't blame them at all.

This I do not agree with..

The team and coaching staff representing the University of Tennessee should give their all in each and every game. Cuonzo's actions leading up to the NIT game and then not bringing his team ready to play cost him a lot of support from fans.

Reactions: 3 people

The team and coaching staff representing the University of Tennessee should give their all in each and every game. Cuonzo's actions leading up to the NIT game and then not bringing his team ready to play cost him a lot of support from fans.

You'll have to ignore him.

He sleeps with a CCM cut out.

The season was already a wash when we were left out of the NCAAs. Making a run in the NIT would not have gained anything besides the possibility of injuries IMO.

Again, I would have rather gotten the W, but this a rare exception where I'll let the lack of heart and effort slide. JMO. If we keep winning now, no one is going to care about the NIT appearances.

Lack of motivation doesn't seem to be a factor, unlike last year.

These guys are motivated, after being disrespected by just about everybody, evidenced by the ridiculous 11-seed play in (they should play in 16 seeds, IMO). Calipari said the Vols were the hottest team in the country.

Not blaming them is kinda dumb. Who do you blame then? Nobody?

3E7_TweetyHeart_GreatJob_KMG.gif

The season was already a wash when we were left out of the NCAAs. Making a run in the NIT would not have gained anything besides the possibility of injuries IMO.

Again, I would have rather gotten the W, but this a rare exception where I'll let the lack of heart and effort slide. JMO. If we keep winning now, no one is going to care about the NIT appearances.

The ultimate excuse

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back