Michigan

They won't have an answer down low for Maymon and Stokes. However, they take very good care of the basketball. The key will be keeping their guards uncomfortable with disciplined man to man defense as well as using the 1-3-1 here and there. We have a rebounding advantage over the Wolverines, and I think that could ultimately be the difference in the end.

Last edited:
I honestly don't see us beating Michigan but we are further along than we thought just three weeks ago. Many of us thought that we would not even make the NCAA. So, this is good!!!!!

We'll have the rebounding advantage against any team we play. Can't let Stauskas get hot from 3.

Man, I really hope we can beat Mercer. All I ask is for Martin to have our guys mentally prepared for tomorrow.

Looking at their games we need to shoot the ball well because although they aren't the best rebounding team they do generally shoot well.
Only 1 loss when they shot a higher % than opponent (@ Arizona)

Lol gotta beat Mercer first. I'm feeling a little more confident that our team is really taking it one game at a time. Mental preparation is key

Go Vols!

:good!:
Lol gotta beat Mercer first. I'm feeling a little more confident that our team is really taking it one game at a time. Mental preparation is key

Go Vols!

Mental retardation if they don't prepare for um during the mercer game.

The 3 point shot will decide the game if UT wins tomorrow. We can't allow them to get in a groove. There a team that turns one made 3 into five 3's real fast. Need to be physical with their gaurds. We need to shoot better than 2 of 14 from behind the arc. The other thing that scares me with Michigan they run a zone defense. This is why I think the 3 point shot will decide this game.

Yeah I was thinking same thing....if we don't lock down against Mercer the OP would be right...Michigan won't get the chance to make ANY threes against us!!!!

Am I alone in thinking that as well as the Vols are playing right now, the elite 8 is a real possibility?

Reactions: 1 person
As others are saying, can't believe we're discussing Michigan.

Better worry about getting by Mercer. They're no slouch, just ask Coach K.

Reactions: 1 person
Need Barton to wake up to compete at this level in tourney
Agree with this.

Currently, our offense has to go through 3 guys...Stokes is option 1, McCrae option 1a and Richardson option 2.

Having some production from the 1 spot would be a nice addition.

Let's beat Mercer first, then worry about UM. Mercer is a good team that beat us last year, right now they are Cinderella of the tourney and most are saying they have the best chance of the low seeds of advancing

VN Store

Back