Who's more athletic? Jordan Mcrae or Scotty Hopson?

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
McRae because Scotty's hands weren't as good. He fumbled many more balls on the dribble and going to the rim. Seemed as if his hands were a little small.

I'd say Hopson, but I would take Mcrae on my team all day over Hopson.

McRae because Scotty's hands weren't as good. He fumbled many more balls on the dribble and going to the rim. Seemed as if his hands were a little small.

That was one of Hopson's main weaknesses coming out of high school was ball handling. I did notice that he would have trouble dribbling the ball at times and make stupid turnovers.

Equal IMO. The better player though is McRae easily.

Tough call on athleticism. I think McRae is the better all-around basketball player, even though I think they are a lot alike. Nearly identical actually. If Hopson had McRae's fire and attitude, I'd probably lean his way.

actually add armani moore to that question and armani is more athletic than both of them...maybe not a better b'ball player, but more athletic any day.

Tough call on athleticism. I think McRae is the better all-around basketball player, even though I think they are a lot alike. Nearly identical actually. If Hopson had McRae's fire and attitude, I'd probably lean his way.

Agreed. I think Hopson was more athletic but McRae is by far a better player all around

Jordan, Scotty, Tobias Harris, Chris Lofton, Juwan Smith, Wayne Chism....some of my Favorite players man. Nothing to do with this but just reminiscing a little bit.

I want to see Moore at slot wr going over the safety's head. Tell the qb to throw a fg and watch Moore get up and snag it, while landing like Spiderman.

I want to see Moore at slot wr going over the safety's head. Tell the qb to throw a fg and watch Moore get up and snag it, while landing like Spiderman.

I laft. Not many gonna outjump that boy. He actually has a stud WRs body. 6-5, 215.

McRae is probably the most "athletic" player in terms of just pure athleticism we've had since Vincent Yarborough. Vince was a tremendous athlete but insanely inconsistent and bone-headed. But he was a pure athlete like McRae is. I'm not sure most of our fans understand the quality of athlete we have in McRae. I think he's a superstar in the making and will really excel in the league. He seems to get better as time moves on. He is way away from reaching his ceiling.

Tobias Harris is just a great pure basketball talent as far as fundamentals go and a great athlete. Scotty Hopson showed flashes at times but could never put his ability together with toughness. Scotty was either really good or really bad. McRae has been the consistent leader of this team and the way he can get up and down and sore through the air with the ability to play low around the rim and outside is going to earn him tons of money.

Jordy - no contest. Hopson was way over rated and had mediocre hands as has already been posted. But the Pearlites preferred Steven Pearl over Jordy, so there's that.

It's an excellent comparison based on body type. But to me... Mcrae is a way better player because of his mental game. Mcrae is the unquestionable leader out on the floor. Hopson never got to that level, although he did begin to show flashes of it his last year.

People laugh at my comparison between McRae and Dale Ellis. Dale played low in college and early with Seattle but only because he could and it was a different era. No three point line and no real reason to play outside. He out athleted people at UT. McRae can do that too from an athletic standpoint but doesn't because of the era of the game and we have traditional post players. But when McRae gets around the rim and baseline, he's nearly unstoppable. McRae has the natural ability to be a pure outside shooter but not exactly like Ellis. Ellis is on another level of pure smooth as silk shooters like Bird and company. But size and athleticism wise, McRae and Ellis have tons of similarities.

McRae is probably the most "athletic" player in terms of just pure athleticism we've had since Vincent Yarborough. Vince was a tremendous athlete but insanely inconsistent and bone-headed. But he was a pure athlete like McRae is. I'm not sure most of our fans understand the quality of athlete we have in McRae. I think he's a superstar in the making and will really excel in the league. He seems to get better as time moves on. He is way away from reaching his ceiling.

Tobias Harris is just a great pure basketball talent as far as fundamentals go and a great athlete. Scotty Hopson showed flashes at times but could never put his ability together with toughness. Scotty was either really good or really bad. McRae has been the consistent leader of this team and the way he can get up and down and sore through the air with the ability to play low around the rim and outside is going to earn him tons of money.

I think Asumnu was probably our most athletically gifted player in the last 20 years

His HS coach was on the radio a few weeks back, said he was a ridiculous football player and thought he would actually be better at football than bball, but Moore liked bball.

VN Store

Back