Jarnell Stokes NCAAT Player of the Day 3/21/2014

bleedingTNorange

Congrats big guy

Edit: can a mod put that picture in the OP, for some reason I can't post a picture while submitting a thread TIA

Reactions: 4 people
article.272440.jpg

need to clear it out for him to face up and take his man tomorrow if possible. Their lefty center is a pain in the ass

I actually sat next to his brother yesterday at the game. I'm almost going to feel bad when we put them out of the tournament tomorrow evening.

he is playing well but should not be calling out "fans" in his post game interview with local tv station....

he is playing well but should not be calling out "fans" in his post game interview with local tv station....

Not sure what he said, but every fan base has fickle fans. Fans had the right to be frustrated. Some went too far imo, such as the genuis who called Stokes "garbage". in the Iowa game thread. Still, there are tons of fans who have showed up in thick and thin and been supportive of the team, even if they may have not thought CCM was the guy. Players have thr right to be disappointed in fans too, but they should remember that not all fans were screaming for Bruce Pearl all year. Players have a right to be upset that there are many fans who have rooted for CBP's return over their success. Who wouldnt be upset over that?

Reactions: 2 people
The key to beating us is to get Stokes in foul trouble early and make him sit. If that happens then it will be game over.

Not sure what he said, but every fan base has fickle fans. Fans had the right to be frustrated. Some went too far imo, such as the genuis who called Stokes "garbage". in the Iowa game thread. Still, there are tons of fans who have showed up in thick and thin and been supportive of the team, even if they may have not thought CCM was the guy. Players have thr right to be disappointed in fans too, but they should remember that not all fans were screaming for Bruce Pearl all year. Players have a right to be upset that there are many fans who have rooted for CBP's return over their success. Who wouldnt be upset over that?
Lord knows I don't want to get this going again but my take on it is with every dominating game we win only gives more understanding to why so many were upset with the coaching job CCM had done to that point in the season. Let's keep winning and put all that stuff to rest!!!

Lord knows I don't want to get this going again but my take on it is with every dominating game we win only gives more understanding to why so many were upset with the coaching job CCM had done to that point in the season. Let's keep winning and put all that stuff to rest!!!

I agree, but I still dont have an issue with Stokes saying anything about Fans.

And why not?

If fans can criticize him, or the team, why can't he criticize fans?

So your position is that fans should not criticize players or teams???

And if fans do criticize them, then the players have every right to call out fans???

I want to be clear about what your position is.

I agree, but I still dont have an issue with Stokes saying anything about Fans.

I do not believe that there are many coaches worth their salt in major college sports (or even professional sports) that want or permit their players to lob criticisms at their fan base.

After what we went through with Kiffin and Dooley, I think we probably deserved a spankin' for how we've treated Cuonzo. This ain't a basketball school, and some of us were acting like UK fans sick of Tubby.

And you need to go back to sleep and shut up. There's nothing at all that gives credit to you idiots who dissed Cuonzo all year. They wouldn't be where they are without him. He and his coaches have made this team. This is not a team they inherited. They made this team.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back