How big was Josh Richardson

1985Vols

In this win over Iowa. His play in the second half was the key to our comeback. He kept us in it and then Stokes and Jordy took over. Very proud of this team and how they kicked it into another gear in overtime. Lots of crow being eaten tonight.

Reactions: 3 people
I was ready to shoot him after that 0-6 start. But he never stopped playing lockdown defense and just let the game come to him.

Reactions: 2 people
He killed it on both ends! Easily the MVP we wouldn't have won the game without him.

I was ready to shoot him after that 0-6 start. But he never stopped playing lockdown defense and just let the game come to him.

That initial bad start might also be due to his stellar defensive performance on marble.
but you are right it was getting frustrating, and then he just exploded!

No crow being eaten by any means, but Richardson played lights out and that dunk was just the cherry on the top. Congrats to him and the team. Everything else is still questionable.

When Josh is aggressive, UT becomes so much better.

He played NBA defense on Marble tonight.

JollyGreenGiantBlueEarthMN2006-05-20.JPG

This big

No crow being eaten by any means, but Richardson played lights out and that dunk was just the cherry on the top. Congrats to him and the team. Everything else is still questionable.

Just played on sports center Top 10

Awesome second half. When he plays like that we are much better.

Made up for Stokes subpar play early second half.

Josh is a huge reason we pulled this win out. He was freaking awesome!!!

Great game by all, but wanted to choke them all early on. :)

Love JRich, he and Stokes are my favorite players on this team. Plays with great energy, great emotion, and typically plays offensively within himself. His defense is always there.... when he's hitting midrange jumper to go along with his slashing and pull ups, he's special.

Kid made himself some money tonight. And those that question if he can help shoulder the scoring load next year, there's your answer. To put out that type energy on both ends of the court, that's special.

The last 25 minutes was another solid effort by this team. I do think defensively they finally get it. Josh Richardson is a tremendous athlete and was the key to us winning the game. It is only the second time we have won from behind this year. They stepped on the Hawkeyes' throat in OT. That is how you finish off the game.

VN Store

Back