Coach Martin and recruiting

cwbytruckers

Next year on paper is looking to be a down season. But with Josh Richardson. Armani Moore. Robert Hubbs. Darius Thompson. The guard spot should be pretty steady. If A. J. Davis could add some much needed weight he could be a factor. Reece is the one I'm still not certain about. He needs some weight also. Needs to be more consistent with his shot.

Larry Austin coming in at PG next year is the wild card. Need someone who can be a floor general.

Jordan Commish at SG. Hopefully he is a good shooter. At 6'4 he should be able to get looks.

Phil Cofer at PF. 6'8 205. I would assume he needs to add 40 pounds.

And C C. J. Turman 6'8 250 could be an immediate contributer.

If Stokes returns for another season which is a real possibility. Then the front line may be OK.

My outlook for next season is not so bleak. Stokes would still dominate. Hubbs would need to step up big time. Needs to be a 10 to 15 ppg guy. Josh Richardson I think could be a 12 to 15 ppg player.

Let's hear some thoughts on what you guys see needs to happen. No Martin needs to be replaced or anything. This is strictly for thoughts on what you would like to see from the current players. An what you know about the incoming guys. Its time we come together. Yes I'm gonna say it. LIKE THE LADY VOLS FANS. Their following is amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I think the only thing stopping Richardson from being a player like McCrae, is McCrae still being there. Richardson has HELLA talent, but he's too humble and passive, so he generally tries to feed the ball through the offense through the big players currently. I think he can step up, and be the kinda player McCrae is right now. Idk if he'll be as flashy, or as clutch, but I can see him getting close to the same PPG as McCrae, plus maintain his defensive pressure which is a lot better than McCraes. I hate to put this much pressure on one guy, but next seasons success will largely be placed on how Richardson steps up into that spot.

Reactions: 1 person
Next year on paper is looking to be a down season. But with Josh Richardson. Armani Moore. Robert Hubbs. Darius Thompson. The guard spot should be pretty steady. If A. J. Johnson could add some much needed weight he could be a factor. Reece is the one I'm still not certain about. He needs some weight also. Needs to be more consistent with his shot.

Larry Austin coming in at PG next year is the wild card. Need someone who can be a floor general.

Jordan Commish at SG. Hopefully he is a good shooter. At 6'4 he should be able to get looks.

And C C. J. Thurman 6'8 250 could be an immediate contributer.

If Stokes returns for another season which is a real possibility. Then the front line may be OK.

My outlook for next season is not so bleak. Stokes would still dominate. Hubbs would need to step up big time. Needs to be a 10 to 15 ppg guy. Josh Richardson I think could be a 12 to 15 ppg player.

Let's hear some thoughts on what you guys see needs to happen. No Martin needs to be replaced or anything. This is strictly for thoughts on what you would like to see from the current players. An what you know about the incoming guys. Its time we come together. Yes I'm gonna say it. LIKE THE LADY VOLS FANS. Their following is amazing.

here come ol' flat top he come... groovin' up slowly...

Also on how Hubbs steps up in his second year. This is a 5 star guy. Idk if he had the kinda hype as some of these other guys that are dazzling as freshman, but he needs to step up. We can't afford him to possibly be a bust.

Next year on paper is looking to be a down season. But with Josh Richardson. Armani Moore. Robert Hubbs. Darius Thompson. The guard spot should be pretty steady. If A. J. Johnson could add some much needed weight he could be a factor. Reece is the one I'm still not certain about. He needs some weight also. Needs to be more consistent with his shot.

And C C. J. Thurman 6'8 250 could be an immediate contributer.

Think you meant Davis. Cause AJ Johnson might need to drop a few to play bball. :)

From what I read on Hubb's in high school he played more post than outside. Hopefully he developes more of an outside shot. But I think he should be more of a slasher type get to the line player. Josh Richardson seems to be getting better and better. Would like to see him be more aggressive.

Three things that will make or break next season:

1) The development of Hubbs. He needs to be the best player on the floor next season.

2) The center position. If Jarnell comes back, it's all good. If not, CCM must find a transfer to lock down the position. I like Turman, but he's not ready.

3) The PG spot. We need someone to become the floor general.

My hope is that Austin and Cofer are better than advertised (which I personally believe to be true) and can become starters.

Is next year's team a 20 win team? I don't believe so. But there is that ability.

If Stokes returns....

I would like to see a JUCO or graduate scorer added. Not necessarily someone you expect to start, but a 6th or 7th man that could come off the bench with a little offensive spark.

I'm more optimistic than most but I think...

PG: Austin/Thompson
SG: Hubbs/ Cornish
SF: Richardson
PF: Moore/ Davis/ Cofer
C: Stokes/ Turman

Is a formidable lineup, and depending mainly on Austin could very well match this years results.

Three things that will make or break next season:

1) The development of Hubbs. He needs to be the best player on the floor next season.

2) The center position. If Jarnell comes back, it's all good. If not, CCM must find a transfer to lock down the position. I like Turman, but he's not ready.

3) The PG spot. We need someone to become the floor general.

My hope is that Austin and Cofer are better than advertised (which I personally believe to be true) and can become starters.

Is next year's team a 20 win team? I don't believe so. But there is that ability.

You had me at #1. Hubbs is the key to next season. That, and Stokes returning. 5* players like Hubbs and Stokes, they're rated 5* because they're viewed as potential dominant players. Maybe Hubbs can go all Marcus Smart for us. Then we're talkin'.

My main concern is hoping Stokes returns. But who feels Maymons rebounding hole. Those 8 to 10 rebounds need to be covered. Also Maymons ability to help break the press.

Any thoughts on A. J. Davis being able to feel that role.

Forward Anthony Lee is transferring from temple and will be eligible to play immediately. Averaged 14ppg and 9rpg is 6'9" 230lbs.

Would be an awesome addition.

WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT.

I saw him play a couple months. A bigger Maymon basically.

If Stokes returns, and I'm doubting it since he was apparently almost gone last year, he'll face defenses like he did in the second half vs Florida. Constant and immediate double teams, at least if coaches have any sense. No Maymom to take any pressure off at all. No Jordy to knock down shots. Sadly none of the recruits or players on the roster are known to be shooters outside of Josh. Have to hope they surprise or greatly improve.

Most likely scenario is that Stokes goes. He's been dominating lately and his numbers will likely go down next season. I don't really see anything about his game that would improve with another year in college vs playing in the NBA or NBADL.

My main concern is hoping Stokes returns. But who feels Maymons rebounding hole. Those 8 to 10 rebounds need to be covered. Also Maymons ability to help break the press.

Any thoughts on A. J. Davis being able to feel that role.

If Stokes returns, and I'm doubting it since he was apparently almost gone last year, he'll face defenses like he did in the second half vs Florida. Constant and immediate double teams, at least if coaches have any sense. No Maymom to take any pressure off at all. No Jordy to knock down shots. Sadly none of the recruits or players on the roster are known to be shooters outside of Josh. Have to hope they surprise or greatly improve.

Most likely scenario is that Stokes goes. He's been dominating lately and his numbers will likely go down next season. I don't really see anything about his game that would improve with another year in college vs playing in the NBA or NBADL.

Do you ever have anything positive to say?

My starting 5to next season

Austin
Richardson
Davis
Stokes
Turman

If stokes doesn't return:

Austin
Cornish (unless Hubbs defense improves this summer)
Richardson
Davis
Turman

My starting 5to next season

Austin
Richardson
Davis
Stokes
Turman

If stokes doesn't return:

Austin
Cornish (unless Hubbs defense improves this summer)
Richardson
Davis
Turman

Hubbs is going to start over Cornish, defense or no defense. Cornish is VERY raw.

Do you ever have anything positive to say?

When the situation is positive I do. Why lie to yourself?

I guess I could pump sunshine and rah rah while the ship goes down. But after 40 years of watching UT, I'm just being realistic.

What about that post is likely false?

VN Store

Back