CBS overall team rankings 1-68......

If we play up to our level we can beat anybody, don't give a damn who it is, I know we will win the first 2 and playing Duke on Sunday, it will be 3 games in 5 days if our legs whole up we will beat them.

We need to represent the SEC and win a couple games. If Cuonzo wins two then I think that would be good going forward. If Stokes stays next years team could surprise people with Stokes, Hubbs, Richardson, Thompson and Moore as a core with a solid group of Fr. coming in. Wish we could pick up a post transfer or grad student too.

If were the 26th best team why are we in a play in game?

We'll according to this I would say that it's probably because CBS had absolutely nothing to do with selecting the tournament field. I get where you're coming from though. It's a pretty wide ranging opinion of Tennessee if you scan through different media reports and how they relate to where we actually ended up. All in all, the selection committee is not to blame though. They didn't make us lose to Texas A&M....... twice.

So according to them a 7 seed, think that's about what BPI and RPI would've had us too. Interesting.

BTO, I feel like a 10 seed would have been "deservable" based on schedule difficulty and record, combined with a blowout win versus another bubble team and one of the 1 seeds, and what we did down the stretch. Do you agree?

We'll according to this I would say that it's probably because CBS had absolutely nothing to do with selecting the tournament field. I get where you're coming from though. It's a pretty wide ranging opinion of Tennessee if you scan through different media reports and how they relate to where we actually ended up. All in all, the selection committee is not to blame though. They didn't make us lose to Texas A&M....... twice.

Because it's about results. The "best" teams don't always win and play for the championships. The teams that execute and perform do.

We need to represent the SEC and win a couple games. If Cuonzo wins two then I think that would be good going forward. If Stokes stays next years team could surprise people with Stokes, Hubbs, Richardson, Thompson and Moore as a core with a solid group of Fr. coming in. Wish we could pick up a post transfer or grad student too.

I thought Richardson was a senior? I hope Stokes stays.

This is the most illogical seeding and team selection that I have ever seen from a the NCAA. Just when we think the NCAA cannot out do itself it manages to do so again. For Tennessee to be in a "play in" game is crazy, seeding issues abound and inconsistencies permeate virtually the entire field. Makes some wonder if the selection committee was meeting over a long weekend in Colorado!

VN Store

Back