What's your stance?

Exfix

Lots of debate on the board recently about the present and future of Vols basketball. I can't recall the basketball situation being this divisive before. So here's a chance to give your assessment of the team currently and where we are heading. Please give us your stance first so we know where you are coming from. Then we can move on to the usual snark, name calling and mom jokes.

I feel like Cuonzo is a decent, but unspectacular coach. He has trouble with clock management and gets outcoached in big games. I appreciate what he's done here, but feel it is a matter of time before we make a change. I'm not convinced we beat a tough Iowa team. Unfortunately, he will be back next year no matter what. Hart has a tough decision to make regarding an extention because if he doesn't Cuonzo is a dead man walking for recruiting purposes and for the motivation of the team next year. Due to the lack of a post threat we will barely have a winning record in a weak league but miss the tournament and finish in the middle of the SEC pack. The fans, at that point, including many supporting him now on this board will be calling for his firing. Seeing as we have already missed out on Pearl (my clear first choice who already has a job), hopefully we can talk an established winner into coming to Knoxville. Looks like a few years of rebuild/mediocrity upcoming to me. I will happily eat these words if Cuonzo can prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

By the way, Seth Greenberg just call us the "Voles" in his upset pick over Iowa/UMass.

Come on guy. No disrespect toward you personally, but can't we piece together the narrative well enough by reading every other thread in this forum right now?

I've watched 33 UT games this season with the hopes that I'd be able to watch them in the tourney at the end of the year. Where is our program right now? In the NCAAs. Enjoy the game(s) and forget about the state of the program garbage for a few days.

Reactions: 2 people
Lots of debate on the board recently about the present and future of Vols basketball. I can't recall the basketball situation being this divisive before. So here's a chance to give your assessment of the team currently and where we are heading. Please give us your stance first so we know where you are coming from. Then we can move on to the usual snark, name calling and mom jokes.

I feel like Cuonzo is a decent, but unspectacular coach. He has trouble with clock management and gets outcoached in big games. I appreciate what he's done here, but feel it is a matter of time before we make a change. I'm not convinced we beat a tough Iowa team. Unfortunately, he will be back next year no matter what. Hart has a tough decision to make regarding an extention because if he doesn't Cuonzo is a dead man walking for recruiting purposes and for the motivation of the team next year. Due to the lack of a post threat we will barely have a winning record in a weak league but miss the tournament and finish in the middle of the SEC pack. The fans, at that point, including many supporting him now on this board will be calling for his firing. Seeing as we have already missed out on Pearl (my clear first choice who already has a job), hopefully we can talk an established winner into coming to Knoxville. Looks like a few years of rebuild/mediocrity upcoming to me. I will happily eat these words if Cuonzo can prove me wrong, but I doubt it.

By the way, Seth Greenberg just call us the "Voles" in his upset pick over Iowa/UMass.

Did I miss it? Did Pearl take another coaching job? Not that I think UT would hire him back, but how is he off the market?

My stance is with feet about shoulder width, weight equally distributed but with knees bent to put more weight slightly behind me. I start my backswing with a low "pushback" move to help turn my shoulders ...

Reactions: 1 person
Come on guy. No disrespect toward you personally, but can't we piece together the narrative well enough by reading every other thread in this forum right now?

I've watched 33 UT games this season with the hopes that I'd be able to watch them in the tourney at the end of the year. Where is our program right now? In the NCAAs. Enjoy the game(s) and forget about the state of the program garbage for a few days.

This is a discussion board for discussing things. I think we are all looking forward to watching the tournament. Don't worry this thread will likely get buried by the other 1000 Monday morning threads.

This is a discussion board for discussing things. I think we are all looking forward to watching the tournament. Don't worry this thread will likely get buried by the other 1000 Monday morning threads.

If Monday morning threads is your code name for #BBB / #cuonzothegonzo threads, I agree.

Simple some big time Basket fans don't want to hear the truth, the fact is TENNESSEE is a football school not a basketball power in 43 years as fan we have had a few good runs, just like Kentucky in football they will never be a power in football they are a basketball school the truth hurts sometimes but that's the way it is, I am not a negvol the truth hurts.

Definitely look forward to watching Tennessee in the tournament. Despite the lack of time off between the first and second games we match up very well with our first opponent and possible second opponent. Expect Tennessee-Iowa to be a highly competitive game. It's pretty cool we are 1/2 games on TV that day and have the 9:00pm spot to ourselves. We can get a lot of positive publicity for the basketball program if we perform well.

I expect us not to be the fan favorite in either Dayton (Big 10 Country) or Raleigh. Duke fans will definitely be rooting for UMASS IF we beat Iowa.

Regarding Martin, once again the season isn't over. We need to see what we do in this tournament. I'd like to win a couple and watch Coach Martin grow as a coach. He has a lot of potential. The program needs stability and I think we may be better next year than people think IF Stokes stays and we pick up another legit 5th year transfer in the post or scorer. Two big ifs.

Last edited:
My stance is with feet about shoulder width, weight equally distributed but with knees bent to put more weight slightly behind me. I start my backswing with a low "pushback" move to help turn my shoulders ...
Yeah, and then you fan the club open, take it way inside, straighten your right knee, shifting too much weight to your left foot, lift your arms after you finished your turn , then reroute the club over the top, fall back on your right foot, cut across it , and slice it deep into the right woods.

Yeah, and then you fan the club open, take it way inside, straighten your right knee, shifting too much weight to your left foot, lift your arms after you finished your turn , then reroute the club over the top, fall back on your right foot, cut across it , and slice it deep into the right woods.

Need more beer.

Liking a coach only goes so far. It doesn't replace or make up for, ineptness. Unless the powers that be are happy with the current men's basketball situation...
Zo has to go...period. :wavey:
GO VOLS!

/thread

VN Store

Back