Vols Play-in game

tabrams

Supportin' the Cause
I was just wondering how we can be an 11 seed and in a play-in game? I mean, there are 3 play-in games in our bracket and 1 in another bracket...

I would think that there should be 1 play-in game per bracket, to make it more balanced. Also I think the play-in game in each bracket should all play for a 16th seed.

If you are the last 4 teams in, then you suck and should be the last seed!! This system really makes little sense.

I would like to hear more opinions on this. To me it's so dumb that if they can't make it uniform then just go back to the 64!!

Reactions: 2 people
Technically it's the last 8 teams in. But I agree Tennessee should have gotten maybe the 10 seed against Texas!

I'm not a crybaby, but it seems like every time there's a "vote" relating to the Vols, UT gets screwed........................memories of Peyton's Heisman debacle. Cuonzo may just find the crowd back in the street calling out "BBB" since Iowa is going to be tough to beat. Not even winning in won't cut it. Aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I don't really have a problem with bubble teams like UT getting put in a play-in game and having to earn their place in the tournament. If you don't want to be in a play-in, maybe try not losing to aTm twice. It sucks though that every year two 16 seeded teams who actually won a conference tournament and earned their place don't even get to participate in the real tourney because they got stuck in the play-ins.

I don't really have a problem with bubble teams like UT getting put in a play-in game and having to earn their place in the tournament. If you don't want to be in a play-in, maybe try not losing to aTm twice. It sucks though that every year two 16 seeded teams who actually won a conference tournament and earned their place don't even get to participate in the real tourney because they got stuck in the play-ins.
That's a change I'd make. The first four thing ought to be strictly reserved for at large teams.

Reactions: 1 person
Plus, I think ratings would be a hell of a lot better for games featuring two at-large contenders from big conferences than two teams that pretty much nobody has ever seen. I doubt there's many people outside of alumni and students of the actual schools that are looking forward to Mt. Saint Mary's/Albany or Cal Poly/Texas Southern.

I'm sick of the little guys that make it in because they won 80 percent of there cupcake conference. Most of them can't even beat Auburn. I think it should be the best available teams not any auto bid crap. U think costal Carolina could beat Virginia of course not. But SMU would give them a fight.

I was just wondering how we can be an 11 seed and in a play-in game? I mean, there are 3 play-in games in our bracket and 1 in another bracket...

I would think that there should be 1 play-in game per bracket, to make it more balanced. Also I think the play-in game in each bracket should all play for a 16th seed.

If you are the last 4 teams in, then you suck and should be the last seed!! Dude - how do I say this - we are in the last 4 teams in This system really makes little sense.

I would like to hear more opinions on this. To me it's so dumb that if they can't make it uniform then just go back
to the 64!!

The lower seeded teams that didn't have play in games - won their respective conferences. Tennessee and Iowa were 2 of the last 4 in.

I'm sick of the little guys that make it in because they won 80 percent of there cupcake conference. Most of them can't even beat Auburn. I think it should be the best available teams not any auto bid crap. U think costal Carolina could beat Virginia of course not. But SMU would give them a fight.

but yet teams like that win almost every yr.....its what makes it great.

Call it what you want, but its a play in game. We're playing Iowa for a chance to be the 11 seed that takes on the 6 seed. Seems pretty simple.

We can't even win 80% of our cupcake conference. So your argument isn't strong my friend.

Pretty much the same garbage with Bowl games --- UT could have beat alot of those teams that got bowl invites based on 6 wins in a crap conf.

It's all still part if the tournament. The NCAA doesn't refer them as play in games, and all teams share in the revenue.

I think most of those automatic qualifiers are a little better than you think.

The play-in game is all about more $$$$$ for the NCAA. Of course since the NCAA is running it, it has NOTHING to do with fairness! Tennessee vs Iowa will draw a much higher TV audience than somebody like NC Central vs Prairie View!

I was a student at the University of Dayton a few years ago, and was at the play-in games. We were able to get tickets to them for $35. I got to see VCU start their big run by beating USC. This is a big opportunity for the Vols to start things off right playing a good team like Iowa. We're going deep this year boys!!

VN Store

Back