Vols Tourney Opponent Iowa ...

OrangeNehi

Lost 67 to 62 to 14-18 Northwestern in their conference finals. B'lieve we can take this one.

iowa is just like this TN team except the defense is worse and the offense is more steady. should be close. the marble kid is iowas best player and can be lights out.

Good lord, do we have to do this every thread?

Iowa seems like a good play-in team. Let's hope our boys show up ready. I think they will. Tenn by 10.

Yes, because if Martin was a competent HC with this roster and as weak as the SEC was this season, UT should have no more than six losses. The two loses to Texas A&M alone should be enough to show him the door!

Reactions: 2 people
iowa is just like this TN team except the defense is worse and the offense is more steady. should be close. the marble kid is iowas best player and can be lights out.

Didnt even realize Marble was on that team. We played against him in high school

Lost 67 to 62 to 14-18 Northwestern in their conference finals. B'lieve we can take this one.

Thay have just as many quality wins, if not more than we do. And play in a much tougher conference.

They beat Michigan by 20 on Michigan's home floor.

And also beat Xavier and UTEP to a pulp.

Man, I know both of these teams very well. My wife is an Iowa grad, so I see them all the time. If both teams play to there ability, there is no way UT can beat Iowa. Both teams play a similar style, but Iowa is just a little better at it. Iowa has more weapons as well. UT relies on a couple of guys to carry them, and don't seem to have good depth from the games I see. Iowa is a little deeper and has four guys that can be legit scorers. Plus Iowa has played a much tougher schedule during the year. Iowa should win this game by 5-10 points.

Yeah, I'm more worried about Iowa than UMASS.

Love that avi fellow panic fan. Wish i was in the DR. Hittin Seattle, Portland, Reno, Santa Barbara, and LA.

But about basketball, i agree. UMASS is not near as scary as Iowa.

The problem is that we could win by 10 or lose by 20 and I wouldnt be surprised.

Cuonzo consistency for ya.

Iowa is a tough team don't be fooled so easily I live in iowa its not gonna be as easy as most think it is
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Iowa has completely fallen apart. McCaffery is on the hot seat. Lost to a joke NW team in the tourney. J-Rich will shut down Marble. Game.

Gotta win this though.

Iowa has completely fallen apart. McCaffery is on the hot seat. Lost to a joke NW team in the tourney. J-Rich will shut down Marble. Game.

Gotta win this though.

And Cuonzo isn't on the hot seat? We lost to worse teams than NW, so if they're a joke......granted it wasnt as of late, but still.

Reactions: 1 person
Man, I know both of these teams very well. My wife is an Iowa grad, so I see them all the time. If both teams play to there ability, there is no way UT can beat Iowa. Both teams play a similar style, but Iowa is just a little better at it. Iowa has more weapons as well. UT relies on a couple of guys to carry them, and don't seem to have good depth from the games I see. Iowa is a little deeper and has four guys that can be legit scorers. Plus Iowa has played a much tougher schedule during the year. Iowa should win this game by 5-10 points.

That's very debatable. UT also has the two best players, two best rebounders, and the best defender. Should be a UT win by a decent margin based on their play the last few games. As bad as they shot against florida, they would've beaten a whole lot of teams that day still.

Reactions: 1 person
That's very debatable. UT also has the two best players, two best rebounders, and the best defender. Should be a UT win by a decent margin based on their play the last few games. As bad as they shot against florida, they would've beaten a whole lot of teams that day still.

Based on the last few games, we handle non tourney teams easily and lose to tourney teams. Wouldn't use that as a standard.

So basically we hope they have an off day?

VN Store

Back