If not Martin, then who?

D.C. Vol

Most of of you are so willing to oust Martin, but most of you aren't providing any suitable replacements. Howland is not the answer, and Smart or Marshall are not leaving their respected schools for the petty cash our administration is offering. We're getting exactly what we're paying for.

Danny has taken Tulsa to two straight NCAA appearances. He's at least proven he knows how to win. I also think he could potentially recruit very well in Knoxville.

You're right, for some reason I thought they made it last year. Either way, his resume looks stronger than Cuonzo's to this point.

Greg McDermott.

He has won at every smaller school he's been at. Took over Iowa State and didn't get much done there but got some valuable experience at the major college. He's made and advanced in the NCAA's the last two years at Creighton and will make it this year too.

Greg McDermott.

He has won at every smaller school he's been at. Took over Iowa State and didn't get much done there but got some valuable experience at the major college. He's made and advanced in the NCAA's the last two years at Creighton and will make it this year too.

No thanks. Didn't do much without his son.

Reactions: 1 person
What did he do at Iowa State? Sub .500 record, I'll pass.

He gained experience at Iowa State at least. That program was in a bit of a mess when he took over, he didn't improve it but he's shown he's a capable enough coach at his other stops. I'd take my chances with a coach who's made and advanced in multiple NCAA tournaments, who has 19 seasons of head coaching experience vs one who's done none of those things and has little experience.

He gained experience at Iowa State at least. That program was in a bit of a mess when he took over, he didn't improve it but he's shown he's a capable enough coach at his other stops. I'd take my chances with a coach who's made and advanced in multiple NCAA tournaments, who has 19 seasons of head coaching experience vs one who's done none of those things and has little experience.

He had experience before that, it wasn't as though Iowa State was his first stop and he was learning on the job.

I'm not saying he's horrible, I just think he's much more the level he showed without his son than with.

Most of of you are so willing to oust Martin, but most of you aren't providing any suitable replacements. Howland is not the answer, and Smart or Marshall are not leaving their respected schools for the petty cash our administration is offering. We're getting exactly what we're paying for.

Why is Howland not an answer?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back