It still boils down to coaching!!

rocketvol

Ok, I read EVERY thread, and nobody has said this. It may seem like it, but not like this!
We lost this game due to one reason: coaching!! Or lack thereof.
1. Was this team motivated and did they play hard? Damn right! Was it because of coaching? Hard to tell, but anyone who's ever played sports knows you don't need a coach to motivate you. S

I have zero confidence this coach can win a close game, so here's to hopefully beating the hell out of somebody.

Reactions: 5 people
Bruce is not coming back. You can hate from know until the end of his show cause. Zo will still be the coach. Which puts a smile on my face for those who grovel in self pity and ridicule. It won't cause a coaching change. Point out every flaw in victory and or defeat. Zo is still here. Sign a petition. Zo is the coach.

Reactions: 8 people
Ok, I read EVERY thread, and nobody has said this. It may seem like it, but not like this!
1. Was this team motivated and did they play hard? Damn right! Was it because of coaching? Hard to tell, but anyone who's ever played sports knows you don't need a coach to motivate you. S

We lost because of coaching, but you don't know if we played hard because of coaching? Strange how that one works.

And I think there's one tiny other reason we lost: the Gators are ranked #1 in the country.

And BTW, I'm sure you really think you posted something original, but you posted the same thing that's been posted all day. Congrats.

Reactions: 7 people
two words: halftime adjustments

we've never been great at those under CM. unfortunately Billy D is one of the best in the game at them

Reactions: 4 people
Any team that can make shots or beat a soft press would have beaten Florida soundly today.

Reactions: 2 people
Bruce is not coming back. You can hate from know until the end of his show cause. Zo will still be the coach. Which puts a smile on my face for those who grovel in self pity and ridicule. It won't cause a coaching change. Point out every flaw in victory and or defeat. Zo is still here. Sign a petition. Zo is the coach.

And that's why UT will continue to live on the bubble. Hell, next year being on the bubble will mean the team overachieved.

Reactions: 3 people
Because Florida obviously usually plays much better. If Florida plays like that in the ncaas they will probably lose to the 8/9 seed.

Coming from behind to win and taking over the game is exactly why they deserve to be the #1 team in the nation.

Because Florida obviously usually plays much better. If Florida plays like that in the ncaas they will probably lose to the 8/9 seed.

So...UF just played bad today, our D had nothing to do with it? Just curious.

Reactions: 1 person
And that's why UT will continue to live on the bubble. Hell, next year being on the bubble will mean the team overachieved.

We will be on the bubble next year. I truly believe that. It's what he is. He's been on the bubble now, what? 4, 5 straight years?

Coming from behind to win and taking over the game is exactly why they deserve to be the #1 team in the nation.

They aren't the best team in the nation. If you think there are more than a few ncaa tourney teams out there that would have scored.only 14 in the 2nd half today you are sadly mistaken. If you buy into jimmy dykes garbage about that press being impossible to score on you are crazy. There are teams all over the country that would have them out of that press in 5 possessions.

Agree!! So frustrating we can't win the close games or make 1/2 time adjustments....but---- we gotta be fair - if we blame CCM for the losses, we also have to compliment him on the wins. Just sayin.....
Fun to have a men's team w/ a winning record.
GBO!!

So...UF just played bad today, our D had nothing to do with it? Just curious.

You've never seen a team hit contested shots before? Shots were being bricked tonight at an unbelievably high rate. There is no doubt that Florida has a great defense and Tennessee has been playing great d but you don't win games without hitting shots very often.

I think this is a 12-15 win team next year. Who is our go to guy? Richardson? Hubbs? A lot of next season will depend on stokes' decision (imo needs to come back), but either way they will not be very good

Sad but true. Our offense is McRae outside or stokes inside. And brick by brick...... Someone needs to remind our boys to save the bricks for football please...
And could that shooting demon disguised as Antonio Barton please come visit again??

You've never seen a team hit contested shots before? Shots were being bricked tonight at an unbelievably high rate. There is no doubt that Florida has a great defense and Tennessee has been playing great d but you don't win games without hitting shots very often.

So...UF was taking bad shots? Were not making shots they normally make? UF played great D in the second half, but not the first? Not sure I understand, not that it matters.

So...UF was taking bad shots? Were not making shots they normally make? UF played great D in the second half, but not the first? Not sure I understand, not that it matters.

The score was 56-49. What do florida and tennessee allow per game on average? Whats hard to understand?

two words: halftime adjustments

we've never been great at those under CM. unfortunately Billy D is one of the best in the game at them

Makes a lot of sense with a decent lead at the half after outplaying the #1 team in the country for 20 minutes. What adjustments would you make, coach?

Last edited:
Makes a lot of sense with a decent lead at the half after outplaying the #1 team in the country for 20 minutes. What adjustments would you make, coach?

Youd start with the obvious. Tell our players to make a move or pass the ball before the double team gets there and not just wait for it both in the post and on the press break.

Youd start with the obvious. Tell our players to make a move or pass the ball before the double team gets there and not just wait for it both in the post and on the press break.

How would that be an adjustment? It's not like you can foresee the 2nd half.

The score was 56-49. What do florida and tennessee allow per game on average? Whats hard to understand?

Well...pardon my ignorance if you will...they didn't do crap in the first half, they were trailing by 7, should have been 10 had Moore, I believe it was Moore, gotten up a little tighter to Wilbikin...that's not coaching that's a player not doing his f'n job...You know, should the coach have to point out that the SEC POY is coming down the court with seconds on the clock...anyway...

How many points did Wilbikin have in the second half? Two? I don't know, I'm asking.

I believe our guys played their hearts out. I believe Florida is all it's cracked up to be in terms of the SEC. We missed some foul shots. Maymon got his T...it slipped away, they were more composed...

I know what it was not. Florida didn't play bad, we made them play bad...for a half and then some.

VN Store

Back