Im DAMN proud of our boys today!!!

IAMLEGEND

You cant tell me these guys didnt give it all they got...especially on the defensive end. The game plan was flawless and we had a chance with a minute and a half to go to tie/take the lead with quite honestly the best team in the nation...Love the passion of Maymon. The only negative (and its been this way all year) is these guys just cant find a way to win the close games. Wished McRae would of slowed it down after that block, but hey cant blame the guy for wanting to make a play...great effort and here is to the BEST OF LUCK in the NCAA's guys!!!

Reactions: 13 people
You cant tell me these guys didnt give it all they got...especially on the defensive end. The game plan was flawless and we had a chance with a minute and a half to go to tie/take the lead with quite honestly the best team in the nation...Love the passion of Maymon. The only negative (and its been this way all year) is these guys just cant find a way to win the close games. Wished McRae would of slowed it down after that block, but hey cant blame the guy for wanting to make a play...great effort and here is to the BEST OF LUCK in the NCAA's guys!!!

To borrow a quote from CBJ "losing will never be tolerated." The team did play a "good" game to a point but they lost, period! I am not PROUD when we lose.

I hope we get in the tournament for the players sake but Zo has to go! If we are "one and done" with this talent, this will be just another example of Zo's leadership. The thought of getting into a 66 team tournament and losing in the first round makes me sick when I consider the talent on this team!

Sorry but this game and year in basketball makes me feel sick not proud!

Reactions: 1 person
To borrow a quote from CBJ "losing will never be tolerated." The team did play a "good" game to a point but they lost, period! I am not PROUD when we lose.

I hope we get in the tournament for the players sake but Zo has to go! If we are "one and done" with this talent, this will be just another example of Zo's leadership. The thought of getting into a 66 team tournament and losing in the first round makes me sick when I consider the talent on this team!

This team wont lose in the first or second round we are going to the sweet 16.:dance2:Really 68 teams:)

How the effort they played with today can make you sick is beyond me.

Florida is the best team in the nation and, barring a questionable tech and a horrendous outside shooting game, we beat them today.

Theyve disappointed this season for sure in games like A&M, UTEP, Vandy, etc. but those guys played their asses off today. Sometimes a team is just better than you are.

Reactions: 4 people

[/QU

"This Talent...." Its not like we have Duke, Syracuse, Arizona, Florida type talent...there is a strong nucleus of players there I agree, but we lack a true PG and yes there are inconsistencies that have haunted this team all year...Bruce will not be coming back. Here is a thought, since there still is some life still left in this team how about we get behind them and cheer them on for a change!!! Youre already in full blown :mf_surrender: mode...If I was a fan and I already had thoughts of us losing in the first round, I think Id find a different team to cheer on...

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
The notion that people are disappointed in losing to the #1 team in the country is mind-boggling. It's tough to lose when you had a chance to win...I get that, but to be disappointed, especially in the effort??? Effort hasn't been an issue in nearly a month now. We lost to a better team today, and one of the best defensive teams I've seen in a long time.

We have one of the most fickle fanbases in America.

Reactions: 5 people
The notion that people are disappointed in losing to the #1 team in the country is mind-boggling. It's tough to lose when you had a chance to win...I get that, but to be disappointed, especially in the effort??? Effort hasn't been an issue in nearly a month now. We lost to a better team today, and one of the best defensive teams I've seen in a long time.

Too much Janet Jackson growing up.... "What have you done for me lately"?

People are upset because they are looking for something tangible too root for. Everytime the fans start to buy in, they are let down. Cuonzo has created this mess. He has underachieved so much this year that games like all 3 Florida games, Kentucky and Wichita State have had a "must win" feel to them to the fans. 0-5 in those games.

His lone solid victory was against a Virginia team that wasn't really all that good at the time.

Fans aren't fickle. They are disappointed.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm proud of them as well! Very proud of Maymon for standing up for himself and his team and got the technical, because our freaking coach sure as hell didn't. The T hurt but since our coach let Billy sway the the refs Maymon had to do something. Our coach should have seen our player jawing with the ref and steped in and protect his player like a baseball manger would and take over the fight. GoVols good luck in the tourney.

People are upset because they are looking for something tangible too root for. Everytime the fans start to buy in, they are let down. Cuonzo has created this mess. He has underachieved so much this year that games like all 3 Florida games, Kentucky and Wichita State have had a "must win" feel to them to the fans. 0-5 in those games.

His lone solid victory was against a Virginia team that wasn't really all that good at the time.

Tennessee fans aren't fickle?

That's funny.

Effort and a loss is still a loss. This team has dramatically underperformed this year. One game with effort does not change my opinion of the state of the basketball program.

Frankly, I am amazed that fans can get excited about one game with effort and a loss and can't realize the basketball program is getting worse and worse every year Zo is the coach. I want to see the basketball program progress to the point where we argue about how far we can realistically go in the tournament ... Sweet 16 or elite 8 or final 4!

I guess you guys better enjoy this "effort" because next year is going to be a disaster!

And, the sad part is, most fans are too dumb to realize that while THEY may have felt those games were "must wins", those actually with level heads and in many cases intelligence could see that despite going 0-5 this team is still dancing. So, now that anti Martin people can no longer say "he's never made the tournament", they find something else to whine about.

We'll said brother!
:hi:

It was the #1 team in the country. They've lost zero SEC games this year, and many are calling them to win it all.

Give me a freakin' break; and if you thought this was a must win, that's on you.

And, the sad part is, most fans are too dumb to realize that while THEY may have felt those games were "must wins", those actually with level heads and in many cases intelligence could see that despite going 0-5 this team is still dancing. So, now that anti Martin people can no longer say "he's never made the tournament", they find something else to whine about.

I guess you just showed Volnation you lost the argument because you reverted to childish name calling! Grow up!
:loco:

That was the best TEAM in the country today. Frustrations felt.thru the year shouldn't be accentuated by the loss today

That was the best TEAM in the country today. Frustrations felt.thru the year shouldn't be accentuated by the loss today

Yea, I'm happy with all the talent we have that we just made a 68 team tournament that took Zo three years to make and we will probably be "one and done." The "effort" we displayed today in a loss (terrible second half) sends a thrill up my leg! Boy I am PUMPED!

This team has played their azz off since Dale Ellis spoke to them! Any "fan" that can't see that needs to just shut up and watch the games again. Zo preaches defense and they have bought in lately! Great effort today against a superior opponent!

GO VOLS!!!!!!!

I hope we get in the tournament for the players sake but Zo has to go! If we are "one and done" with this talent, this will be just another example of Zo's leadership.

And if we win one, two, or three, then I should assume that is also an "example of Zo's leadership". Or are you one to play the double standard of "Fail and it's your fault, Succeed and it's to someone elses credit"?

Just wondering.

Yea, I'm happy with all the talent we have that we just made a 68 team tournament that took Zo three years to make and we will probably be "one and done." The "effort" we displayed today in a loss (terrible second half) sends a thrill up my leg! Boy I am PUMPED!

I'm happy for you. We should all feel joy in our life.

This team has played their azz off since Dale Ellis spoke to them! Any "fan" that can't see that needs to just shut up and watch the games again. Zo preaches defense and they have bought in lately! Great effort today against a superior opponent!

GO VOLS!!!!!!!

I guess I need to shut up and watch the games where we dominated lower tier teams and the great "effort" in losing to Florida. I loved that "effort" in the second half!

Perhaps you should watch the other 20+ games we played this year and reevaluate your analysis! What about the effort with A&M, ...

Our program needs new leadership ... Wonder what you will say next year?

But disappointed in the effort? That is stupid. Equally as stupid as thinking we "should" beat the #1 team in the country like it is commonplace for that to happen.

VN Store

Back