I find it so ironic

JMSqb11

That this is the year we get in the tourney. I am looking at the schedule now and we only beat 2 two decent teams they were UVA and Arky. Sure we beat Xavier, but our loss to them cancels it out.

It is just so funny that we have beaten 2 NCAA quality teams when in previous years under CCM, we have beaten Florida and others and had a legit resume to be in the tourney, but this year out of the 3 has been our weakest quality wins and this year out of the three we have seen our worst losses on a resume as well.

So my question is this: Are we playing ourselves in or our we being helped by other teams faltering?

Reactions: 1 person
we are just playing who is in front of us and taking care of business. That's all you can really ask at this point. Just a weird year all around, but this team is talented enough to be in and deserves to be.
I just hope they don't tighten up again. Outside of Stokes, our offense was passive and tight for most of the game today. We haven't seen that during this run. However, to be off and still win by 20 should build confidence

Isn't there a "come in here and complain thread" somewhere? If so bump it so people can complain in there.

Reactions: 4 people
Isn't there a "come in here and complain thread" somewhere? If so bump it so people can complain in there.

How am I complaining. Just pointing out that our last two years have merited a tourney bid based on the resume compared to this one. It is very odd.

Look at our SOS this year compared to the first 2

Sure, it is higher, but we only have 2 quality wins and a 1-1 record against another team that cancels each other out in Xavier. I would think having only 2 wins with the 12 (I believe) ranked SOS wouldn't be a good thing for us.

I'm not convinced we are getting better since our last 5 opponents have a combined SEC record of 29-60. I guess we will see tomorrow if we have actually improved. Still be happy to make the tournament but my confidence in us actually winning more then maybe one game isn't high.

Sure, it is higher, but we only have 2 quality wins and a 1-1 record against another team that cancels each other out in Xavier. I would think having only 2 wins with the 12 (I believe) ranked SOS wouldn't be a good thing for us.

Actually have 3 quality wins, 1 being a great win

When did they release the brackets? We haven't gotten in anything yet. You're right though...We've had better creditionals in years past

Who'd I miss? I had UVA and UGA as our only quality wins. Sure we beat Xavier, but they beat us too within 2 weeks between games, so nothing changed.

If you're counting Georgia as a quality win, and not counting Xavier as one because we lost to them once I'm not even gonna attempt to explain the definition of a quality win.

That this is the year we get in the tourney. I am looking at the schedule now and we only beat 2 two decent teams they were UVA and Arky. Sure we beat Xavier, but our loss to them cancels it out.

It is just so funny that we have beaten 2 NCAA quality teams when in previous years under CCM, we have beaten Florida and others and had a legit resume to be in the tourney, but this year out of the 3 has been our weakest quality wins and this year out of the three we have seen our worst losses on a resume as well.

So my question is this: Are we playing ourselves in or our we being helped by other teams faltering?

First, that is the RPI. Because we played a tougher schedule, our RPI is better. The RPI doesn't factor who you beat. It factors your record and what your opponents' records are.

Second, I don't know how it compares to last year, but I believe we have 7 top 100 wins, which are still considered solid wins. MTSU got in last year as an at large with 1 top 100 (yes, 1). Plus, you can't cancel the Xavier win. We won on the neutral and lost on the road. What if we beat UF once and lost once? Would you cancel the win? No. A win is a win.

Finally, historically, the committee rewards scheduling. We could have two extra wins if we had scheduled cupcakes instead of Wichita and NC State. We didn't.

How am I complaining. Just pointing out that our last two years have merited a tourney bid based on the resume compared to this one. It is very odd.

Oh, you know how it is around here- if you say one negative thing about even our sheetiest of coaches, you will get flamed by the sunshine pumpers. Remember - many of these tools supported Doolander.

Reactions: 2 people
How many did we have last year?

This year: Virginia (who wasn't good til after we beat them), Xavier (who beat us to open the year even though they were missing players)

Last year: Florida, Kentucky, Xavier, Wichita State, Missouri

Two years ago: Florida, Florida, Vandy, UCONN

Say what you want about this team, but the biggest reason they are in and the past two teams weren't is math formulas. They didn't win more games really, finished no better in a worse conference and had just as many, if not more disappointing losses.

And for the record, I don't know what the committee considers as a "good win." I just know what I consider to be one.

Oh, you know how it is around here- if you say one negative thing about even our sheetiest of coaches, you will get flamed by the sunshine pumpers. Remember - many of these tools supported Doolander.

Quit making crap up. You have no clue who or who did not "support" Dooley.

This year: Virginia (who wasn't good til after we beat them), Xavier (who beat us to open the year even though they were missing players)

Last year: Florida, Kentucky, Xavier, Wichita State, Missouri

Two years ago: Florida, Florida, Vandy, UCONN

Say what you want about this team, but the biggest reason they are in and the past two teams weren't is math formulas. They didn't win more games really, finished no better in a worse conference and had just as many disappointing losses.

Say what you want...but last year we had 3 top 50 wins, and this year we have 3 top 50 wins. Our best win this year > best win last year.

They had a similar record against a much harder schedule, this isn't rocket science.

How can you talk crap about people supporting Dooley with the name "iluvsmesumdooley"?

Are we playing our self in or other teams helping us, think about that statement for 3 seconds and then :post-4-1090547912:

VN Store

Back