Calapari says, "Tennessee is playing better than anyone in the country right now."

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
I was watching the WKYT news in Kentucky and they asked Calapari how he felt about the SEC tournament. He said that he felt like it was wide open. He mentioned Tennessee and said, "They're playing better than anyone in the country right now. They're beating teams by 30!" It may be all coach talk but it sounded like he was really giving Tennessee credit on how good they're playing right now. Is this a positive sign going into the SEC tournament? Could we be the biggest sleeper team in the NCAA tournament?

Reactions: 1 person
Fluffing our ego imo. It worked earlier in the year. We played a lot better with our backs against the wall than when our heads were in the clouds

I was watching the WKYT news in Kentucky and they asked Calapari how he felt about the SEC tournament. He said that he felt like it was wide open. He mentioned Tennessee and said, "They're playing better than anyone in the country right now. They're beating teams by 30!" It may be all coach talk but it sounded like he was really giving Tennessee credit on how good they're playing right now. Is this a positive sign going into the SEC tournament? Could we be the biggest sleeper team in the NCAA tournament?

Well, beating Auburn and Vandy by 30 is no reason to call home.

The Mizzou win was impressive, but it did come at home and it was senior day.

And yes, before you ask, that was me trying to talk myself out of getting my hopes up. It NEVER works.

Being the fickle fool that I am, I've pretty much bought in to our chances. I still want Martin gone if we don't make the Sweet 16 at least (I know that won't happen), and the season is still a disappointment as of now.

But yeah, it's cool to here Calipari say some nice things. I like that. He's classier than he gets credit for IMO.

And yes, before you ask, that was me trying to talk myself out of getting my hopes up. It NEVER works.

Being the fickle fool that I am, I've pretty much bought in to our chances. I still want Martin gone if we don't make the Sweet 16 at least (I know that won't happen), and the season is still a disappointment as of now.

But yeah, it's cool to here Calipari say some nice things. I like that. He's classier than he gets credit for IMO.

:good!: Zo must Go if no Sweet 16, but I bet he stays unless he gets a better offer.:loco:

Yeah but how you play once everyone starts to gush over you tells the tale.

Cal will say some nice things, but much of what he says is for a reason. He is a great manipulator. He said we should be in the NCAAT late last year because he was trying to prop up the conference. Half of what he says either isn't true or greatly exaggerated.

Typical Calapari. Every year he tries to compliment the teams in his conference near tournament time. He did it in CUSA, and now the SEC. Don't take it to heart, he is a master at BS.

Yeah... I'm actually worried about the teams shooting in the ga dome.

even more reason to attack the rim early and often. Big difference in the last few games, among other things, is the number of shots and points we have been putting up by the first tv timeout. When we are losing or playing bad/low energy, we have @ 4-6 and have had maybe 6 shots in the first 4 minutes. We've had close to 20 pts in the last few games, putting up more shots and making a high % because they aren't forced. Absolutely jumping on teams. Not feeling them out. Not letting them dictate. Jumping on them, stunning them, and making them play catch up the rest of the game and out of their gameplans.

VN Store

Back