Gary Parrish's take on BP and Tennessee

TechnoVol

Start listening around the 23 minute mark. Gary makes a really good point that when we had to hire a basketball coach after BP was gone, the absolute best we could do was a Missouri Valley coach who had never made the dance. So basically, that's what we're faced with now if we get rid of Cuonzo. His point is, you have BP right there and available as a proven winner... no brainer, you hire him. He also makes an interesting point in comparing Louisville re-hiring Petrino to re-hiring BP.

Gary Parrish interview

Reactions: 11 people
Folks, you are to dismiss the comments regarding Petrino. Per bball forum leaders, we have been told not to mention Pearl and Petrino in the same sentence.

Proceed.

Reactions: 2 people
Bleeding conzo to refute all logical arguments in favor of rehiring Bruce Pearl in 3 .... 2.... 1

I can't say it enough, if we can't get Pearl back in Knoxville then we need to just let the program die with Martin. I'm tired of all the change.

Reactions: 10 people
No. Very much incorrect. What he should of said was UT was limited to MVC coaches due to the amount of money they were willing to pay. We had plenty of chances to land top notch talent.

Start listening around the 23 minute mark. Gary makes a really good point that when we had to hire a basketball coach after BP was gone, the absolute best we could do was a Missouri Valley coach who had never made the dance. So basically, that's what we're faced with now if we get rid of Cuonzo. His point is, you have BP right there and available as a proven winner... no brainer, you hire him. He also makes an interesting point in comparing Louisville re-hiring Petrino to re-hiring BP.

Gary Parrish interview

So basically this guy is about 2-3 months late to the party? I mean the Petrino "point" was made a long time ago here.

Seriously, these media guys sound like they've just now started reading messageboards.

Saying the best UT can hire is a MVC coach might be right, Gregg Marshall is about as good as it get :hi:

As for Petrino, no, it would be like Arkansas rehiring Petrino not Louisville. I still don't understand why this is so complicated, Petrino didn't get fired from Louisville.

Reactions: 4 people
Bleeding conzo to refute all logical arguments in favor of rehiring Bruce Pearl in 3 .... 2.... 1

Except BTO has repeatedly stated he would welcome him back. But if you want to continue demonstrating why you're seriously one of the dumbest posters on this site, please continue.

Reactions: 1 person
So why are u on bleedingconzo's jock? I mean, you're not even putting no homo at the end of your posts defending bc? It's a little strange.

Why do you have the IQ of a rock? And I guess we can label you a homophobe as well. Good job.

Wtf?!

Where did my post mention Martin?

I misread your post. What I'm saying is, Pearl is our only best option left. Still lives in Knoxville, loves the University of Tennessee, a proven winner, probably a cheap hire, and more fan support. What more could you ask for?

Reactions: 5 people
Saying the best UT can hire is a MVC coach might be right, Gregg Marshall is about as good as it get :hi:

As for Petrino, no, it would be like Arkansas rehiring Petrino not Louisville. I still don't understand why this is so complicated, Petrino didn't get fired from Louisville.

Gregg Marshall is probably eyeing bigger bball opportunities than UT in all honesty.

Reactions: 3 people
My Grandfather used to have a great saying...

You pay $#!t, you get $#!t.

Quit hoping you get a good coach and go out and get a proven one.

VN Store

Back