Who Is On Coaching List?

kxtop

We need an up tempo game with great coaching, lots of folks want Bruce back, now who should be on the list?

If Bruce is not rehired, then our list will be all the mid major coaches that got their team in the NIT this year.

Reactions: 8 people
If not Bruce Pearl then...

Me!!! If Cuonzo can roll the ball out there and get over a mill for NIT results. then ill do it for like 100k.

Reactions: 3 people
I know he's interviewed twice and we've passed him over, but you have to be impressed with Gregg Marshall.

He took Winthrop to 7 NCAA tournaments out of 9 years, and is on his way to his 3rd NCAA with Wichita State including a Final Four last year. Could be a #1/#2 seed this year. He also won the NIT with his squad in 2011, which I think is notable because every time we go to the NIT we don't want to be there and fail out fairly quickly.

Maybe he tells us to go fly a kite for passing him over twice, but dude can coach and not with elite level talent.

Edit: I'm aware he makes more than CMM right now ($1.75 mil vs $1.3 mil), but proven winner and let's finally open up the pocket book a little bit.

Reactions: 9 people
Bruce Pearl is not going to be coach at Tennessee. Forget about it. Go after the Cincinnati Bearcats coach. Mick Cronin

Reactions: 2 people
Marshall is in a great spot. Has job security for a long time and can win their conference without great talent (not saying that he doesn't have talent this year- just a general observation). He was also quoted as saying that his family loves Wichita and it is important to enjoy the community. Smart is not even realistic. Howland could be an option.

If we have to make a hire, history says that we try a mid-major again, and it will be a crap shoot. Don't see any reason why that changes unless the AD finally means business.

Bruce Pearl is not going to be coach at Tennessee. Forget about it. Go after the Cincinnati Bearcats coach. Mick Cronin

That would be a great hire, but I am pretty sure he is a Cincy guy. I follow alot of basketball, but it is difficult to keep up with all of the coaches. I think I would go after Richard Pitino. You know he can recruit.

Reactions: 2 people
Don Devoe

I know you are joking but, seriously I dislike him after the way he was public in his criticism for Pearl in that final season. As a former coach I thought he should have been more tactful and say he shouldn't comment. I feel he was bitter because his son Elliot Devoe never played as a walk on under Bruce.

I mean seriously if Bruce can't come back and he definitely would be my number 1 option. I would go ask Jay Wright from villanova again even though he wasn't interested last time. maybe it was Tennessee had NCAA unresolved issues. Or maybe you can play the angle that your basketball conference has taken a huge hit from what it was since then.

Michael White

If a move is made you're gonna see me pushing that name non stop.

Obviously Howland, Pitino Jr, Dixon, Williams, Marshall, Pearl, Frank would all be better names and better hires, but I have zero confidence that Hart makes that good of a hire.

If we are gonna go our usual route, mid major guy, I think White is the best option. Young coach, former PG, runs a very exciting style, energetic guy, he'd bring excitement to TBA.

VN Store

Back