Please fire Cuonzo now

1985Vols

I have seen all I need to see. He had 2 opportunities to draw up a play and what did we get? A 30 foot prayer and then a turnover on a out of bounds pass. Seriously? I pay money to watch this junk? If Hart does not cut bait with this clown and get Pearl back I'm done with UT basketball for a long time

Reactions: 41 people
We lose to a fellow SEC team on the bubble.

Xavier loses.

Cuonzo Martin sucks.

The Tiger stripes on the back of Mizzou's jerseys are pretty cool.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otm4RusESNU[/youtube]

Reactions: 2 people
Everybody in the gym knew we were going to try to get it to McRae. Why is Maymon in the game at that point? Why not have a second option? Why is one your best shooters and shortest guys throwing the ball in?

Agree! Jr. Pro coaching...

Reactions: 1 person
I sure hope the program can survive without your support..........

I'm sure it will but I will be $1,000 richer and a lot less frustrated. However, I have faith that Hart will bring back Bruce and I will once again be excited about UT basketball and purchase my season tix next year.

Reactions: 8 people
I have seen all I need to see. He had 2 opportunities to draw up a play and what did we get? A 30 foot prayer and then a turnover on a out of bounds pass. Seriously? I pay money to watch this junk? If Hart does not cut bait with this clown and get Pearl back I'm done with UT basketball for a long time

I saw all I needed to see after the UTEP game. Same old crap from previous two years. He really is an awful coach. He has skated by on talent and a very weak league.

Reactions: 12 people

ok, here we go again. Again, this will be Cuonzo's fault, but here's why we lost. Mizzou was top scorers 39, the rest 36. UT was 47 top scorers(notice how our top guys outscored MZ like they did FLA), the rest 23 points. Our advantage was +8 in top scorers, -13 the rest. That be a -5 when the dust clear. SO!!! What's our real problem? That'd be depth, bench depth, extra points you'd get from the bench.

ok, here we go again. Again, this will be Cuonzo's fault, but here's why we lost. Mizzou was top scorers 39, the rest 36. UT was 47 top scorers(notice how our top guys outscored MZ like they did FLA), the rest 23 points. Our advantage was +8 in top scorers, -13 the rest. That be a -5 when the dust clear. SO!!! What's our real problem? That'd be depth, bench depth, extra points you'd get from the bench.

Just stop. No more excuses. We have more than enough talent to be an NCAA tourney team. But once again, we will miss it because we have a terrible coach.

Reactions: 9 people

When guys are playing 37-38 min a game that's the stats you get. Depth isn't the problem....it's how he uses, or doesn't use, his bench.

Maymon and Stokes playing so many minutes is ridiculous

Good. Will you keep your word.

Reactions: 4 people

You're right, coaches have not developed our bench. In fact, he throws different players out on the court every game. Bottom line , Cuonzo has no plan and basically has no clue what he is doing the majority of the time

Just stop. No more excuses. We have more than enough talent to be an NCAA tourney team. But once again, we will miss it because we have a terrible coach.

Where. We have two players with talent. The rest average players.

Im not a fan of Martin but you guys do realize that part of the reason UT is in this mess is because of Pearl also?

Reactions: 3 people
I will say the look on CCM's face was that of a coach in desperation. Tough loss, but not sure it falls all on CCM. Teams with good to great guard play typically advance this time of season. We fall badly in that area. Outside of JordieMac, Barton or Thompson offer nothing offensively. Really had hope they throw the 1-3-1 zone on them at some point during the game.

Where. We have two players with talent. The rest average players.

Easily enough talent to beat utep, vandy, a&m, ncst, and mizzou today just off the top of my head.
I love how we had mizzou in serious foul trouble, only to then neglect going inside and start taking more outside and long range shots. If you can't see the poor/lack of coaching, don't know what to tell ya.

If you will only support the Vols if Pearl is rehired, then you're a Pearl fan, not a Vols fan.

Reactions: 4 people
Im not a fan of Martin but you guys do realize that part of the reason UT is in this mess is because of Pearl also?

Totally false. This is Martin's team 100% and is more talented than at least 10 other SEC teams.

Obviously not all recruits are his, but he's been here for 3 years. It's HIS team.

VN Store

Back