2127 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Petition to rehire Bruce Pearl Page 114. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange You've got posters saying Dave Hart will be fired if Pearl isn't the hire, that's why. ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Basketball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-26-2014, 01:38 PM   #1696 (permalink)
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
You've got posters saying Dave Hart will be fired if Pearl isn't the hire, that's why.
Saying he would get fired if he doesn't hire Pearl is silly.

However, if he passes on Pearl and goes and hires some low rent basketball coach like we got 3 years ago, it's going to be very ugly for him if Pearl rolls into town in a maroon blazer and mops the floor with us in TBA.

Just sayin.
VN Likes: 1
Old 02-26-2014, 01:45 PM   #1697 (permalink)
GBO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZiti09 View Post

However, if he passes on Pearl and goes and hires some low rent basketball coach like we got 3 years ago, it's going to be very ugly for him if Pearl rolls into town in a maroon blazer and mops the floor with us in TBA.

Just sayin.
I doubt we see Boston College in the regular season.

j/k
Old 02-26-2014, 01:46 PM   #1698 (permalink)

Petition Surpasses Record Crowd

Thompson Boling Arena Capacity - 21,678
Men's Basketball Record - 25,610
1989 Tennessee-Kentucky which is also the SEC record for an SEC regular season game
Petition to Rehire Pearl as of 2-26-2014 - 26,773

If Tennessee would like to see those kinds of attendance numbers again, we all know the answer!
Old 02-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #1699 (permalink)
Berry 4 President

Have some friends that know some that work closely with UT admin and they were told as recently as last week that Cheek is the hurdle because "Bruce lied to his face 2 separate times about everything and will never be hired back." Just relaying info. Hope its wrong. Really tired of JImmy Cheek honestly. I would say he could probably feel that way but if big money donors push for it then anything can happen.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:48 PM   #1700 (permalink)
VN conasewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorDrill View Post
Thompson Boling Arena Capacity - 21,678
Men's Basketball Record - 25,610
1989 Tennessee-Kentucky which is also the SEC record for an SEC regular season game
Petition to Rehire Pearl as of 2-26-2014 - 26,773

If Tennessee would like to see those kinds of attendance numbers again, we all know the answer!
do you really think the number of "signatures" exactly equals the number of people who signed it?
VN Likes: 2
Old 02-26-2014, 01:50 PM   #1701 (permalink)

Quote:

Just sayin.
Well Bama won't have an opening so I doubt that's happening. And if Butch is the 2nd coming of neyland like many think then hart will be just fine. Football is king, and hart has made that clear.
VN Likes: 1
Old 02-26-2014, 01:54 PM   #1702 (permalink)

Quote:

Just sayin.
Agree.

IMO, if things play out as they should, this hire would be the most important for the basketball program since the DeVoe firing & Houston hiring. Get it right and we can move to the next level of basketball success...get it wrong and we'll be seeing curtains at TBA for years to come.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #1703 (permalink)
Sheep

Quote:
Well Bama won't have an opening so I doubt that's happening. And if Butch is the 2nd coming of neyland like many think then hart will be just fine. Football is king, and hart has made that clear.
Ok. Auburn.

What if he's not? He's nailed it in recruiting but what if he tops out at 8 wins in 3-4 years?

Meanwhile, what if we hire Micheal White from La Tech and Bruce Pearl is taking Auburn or Clemson to Sweet 16's while we are hosting Middle Tennessee in the NIT at TBA?
Old 02-26-2014, 02:08 PM   #1704 (permalink)

I keep hearing Bammers name but honestly, there is probably a 0% chance of Grant leaving Bama this season. I do agree that he's gone next year but no way this year. Auburn would be a good fit for Pearl but I doubt he does that. Boston College or Clemson is the only two schools I see landing Pearl off hand.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:09 PM   #1705 (permalink)
"Flip the Switch" - CBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by utvolpj View Post
do you really think the number of "signatures" exactly equals the number of people who signed it?
According to my charts, there is a strong correlation.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #1706 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHalo View Post
Try not to cry, lol. I realize Pearl's actions had a large role in the current state of our bball program - but CM has taken us to a new low every year. It's time for Bruce.

YouTube Link
Great video. If he comes back maybe he'll hire Dane as an assistant
BBB
Old 02-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #1707 (permalink)
Your Voodoo/JuJu GURU

Witch Doctor say almost 27K! wow we were shooting for 20 k BY March but the Vol Nation is speaking out for the coach they love!!!
BBB
Keep Posting and REPOSTING that petitions link
Bones never lie.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #1708 (permalink)
Volunteer

Good stuff OP. Man I hope Bruce comes back!
"The Constitution is the guide which I never will abandon." George Washington "Runaway government threatens our economic survival, our most cherished institutions, and the very preservation of freedom itself." Ronald Reagan "It depends upon what the meaning of the word is, is." William Jefferson Clinton "I've now been in 57 states." Barack Obama
Old 02-26-2014, 02:19 PM   #1709 (permalink)
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by utvolpj View Post
No way in hell. Just take a look at the names on the list and it's pretty obvious. I seriously doubt CCM signed it, yet his name is there. It's pretty simple to sit down with a phone book and start copying names when there's no verification whatsoever.

"Never allow the pressure to outweigh the pleasure" - Joe Maddon

Old 02-26-2014, 02:21 PM   #1710 (permalink)

Quote:
Pearl broke rules at UWM, and broke rules at UT.

I get that every coach bends the rules, the difference is he got caught and lied.

Will he all of a sudden become the cleanest coach in the country, is that what you're saying?

My worry if I'm hart, and something I need cleared up, is what do ticky tack violations get me from the NCAA? If I have a player shoot on the court during a visit like Martin let Hubbs, will you tell me not to do it again and that be it? Or will you punish my university more because of who our coach is?

Why don't you say he lied, got setup, told the truth and paid his dues.

Your spin is unbelievable. Half truths or just not telling it all.

Ever tried driving a car forward while only focused on the rear view Mirrors. If that is the method you choose do it then you are never going to move forward without an accident.

Here we go again, ticky tack violations arguments. Who knows at this point, it will be addressed and there is an easy fix.

The problem with the NCAA is not lying to them, the problem is telling them the truth.

Again, I told you it would be a 360 degree argument. Half of a cup vs the cup is half full.

Lets argue it this way. Martin Resigns, we don't have a coach, nobody wants to come here, we can't afford who we really want. The incoming recruits De-commit
some of the players on the team move to other universities, fan base are no shows, a lot of drama over every potential hire, fans threatened to no-show games.

The NCAA is a joke....when it comes to investigating...The fear of a law suit sends them running. If their punishment was fair and equitable then fine but face it, it is very selective.

We were in the barrel, Kiffin got us there, also I think other coaches were jealous of Pearl, Summit, the facilities and everything else UTK has to offer. No other Coach wanted to go to the extremes that Pearl did with his team and really the NCAA deeper look at the program was about Pearl's past, Kiffin's arrogance and Summit's domination. When you have players receiving money and you do nothing about it then we have a problem.

Have you signed the petition or you just waiting for Martin to be let go. You stay on top of Vol Basketball well and I truly appreciate your input regarding the team bubble games and your enthusiasm it is all good. When it gets personal or emotional with you you become a little more arrogant and slanted.

Plenty of time for non productive arguments and negative discussions. We can what if this to death.

Let me add, that for 3 years I counseled and mentored convicted felons while in prison before they returned to society. It is all about the individuals acceptance of accountability and the individuals acceptance of responsibility with his community and family when he returns......

Last edited by Sudden Impact; 02-26-2014 at 02:34 PM..
Closed Thread