The Official Tennessee vs. Wichita State Game Thread, 2:00pm ET, ESPN2

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 6-2 (0-0 SEC)

574659_658115914228758_174203064_n.jpg

vs.

#12 Wichita State Shockers: 9-0 (0-0 MVC)

Shockers2.jpg

2:00 PM ET, December 14, 2013
Intrust Bank Arena, Wichita, Kansas

Line: UT +6

TV: ESPN2
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius Premier Ch. 113, XM Ch. 199
Online: ESPN3.com

What is that thing? I thought they were the shockers. That looks like a bundle of wheat?

I don't know about spreads that much but does +6 UT mean that Vegas is predicting WSU to win by 6?

Gonna need the big inside to play their best game to pull this off. McRae going to go off today as well.

It was described in another thread, but yes the WuShock is a shock of wheat. The first students of Fairmount College (predecessor of WSU) worked the wheat fields of Kansas "shocking" the wheat, thus "Shockers." It has nothing to do with electricity.

BTW, there is a good chance that Ron Baker doesn't play today b/c of an ankle sprain.

I don't know about spreads that much but does +6 UT mean that Vegas is predicting WSU to win by 6?

Final Four team w/most players back on the road! A line of +6 is showing us some respect. Fools on Volquest already saying this is a must win for CCM or else, lmfao !!! Not a sunshine pumper, but I 100% support CCM and his staff. We do need this one, no doubt! GO VOLS!!!!!

Last edited:
It was described in another thread, but yes the WuShock is a shock of wheat. The first students of Fairmount College (predecessor of WSU) worked the wheat fields of Kansas "shocking" the wheat, thus "Shockers." It has nothing to do with electricity.

BTW, there is a good chance that Ron Baker doesn't play today b/c of an ankle sprain.

No, I don't think that right. Scholars maintain the origin of the shocker was lost hundreds of years ago

Reactions: 1 person
I can take an L. If we play and coach well and just get beat, so be it. If we stand around and watch the other team be the more aggressive and energetic team and lose, then it's truly a problem because it would be rearing it's head in another pretty big game.
I hope we play with the confidence that is coming from the coach and team.

Cuonzo provide just a bit more motivation for the Shocks, as quoted in this morning's Wichita Eagle:
The Shockers own an equally strong reputation for rebounding, as Martin knows from his three seasons in the Missouri Valley Conference at Missouri State.

“They rebound and they have a lot of size for that level,” Martin said. “That’s how they impose their will on teams at that level. You’ve got to be physical to compete against them. If you’re not physical, it’s going to be a long night.”

At that level?

VN Store

Back